Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Do we keep McDermott...

61 posts in this topic

Want to know why teams are less concerned with our D? They know its a quick 3 and out before they get another shot at em. By the end of the game, they are worn out from not getting any rest.

No, if the others leave he goes also. This was our problem in 2010 when we fired the coaching staff but left behind the GM. No we can't do that anymore tell all of them to kick rocks.

I think it should be clear to anyone that Rivera's behind the defenses success. If it were not for the terrible playcalling on the offense we would have won our last 4 games.

no thanks

while I do feel he has been solid for us.. I would much rather have the new GM bring in a completely new staff

unpopular opinion alert- Rivera could have a major hand in our defense's improved play-also vastly improved DT's from last year

For all we know the D will revert to terrible status next season regardless of what happens. Our O was supposed to be the same or even improve this year, but has regressed into one of the worst units in the league. If the new GM thinks McDermott is the best guy for the job, fine, keep him. If not, get rid of him. But I think it's safe to say in the NFL you can't expect units to automatically improve just because you keep the same core and add a few pieces.

If McDermott has a good and comfortable working relationship with the new head coach (if we have a new head coach) then I wouldn't be opposed to him staying. The defense has played well this year.

But how much of that is Rivera, and how much of it is McDermott. Rivera may not know that much about offense, but he is certainly an excellent defensive coach, and much of the defenses resurgence could be due to him.

McDermott and Marc Ross have a previous working relationship. Ditto Ross and Rivera (from their Eagle years) though McDermott's would be closer since he was in the scouting department at the time.

If Marc Ross gets the GM job, it'll be interesting to see if those acquaintances come into play.

Lets be honest here for a second, it's not like we're doing anything special on defense (scheme wise).

We're pretty much just running a cover 2 and a cover 3, and keeping everything in front of us. If anything you can credit Hurney for bringing in Dwan, but a guy like Hardy, was bound to develop sooner or later.