Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am convinced Charlotte is only about 20% Panther fans

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Khaki Lackey' timestamp='1352734823' post='1995892']
I wonder how they would do in the RTP?
[/quote]

RTP would suffer the same fate as Charlotte IMO. Look at Canes games when the Sabers or Rangers or Flyers come to town.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherTrain84' timestamp='1352734664' post='1995890']
Agreed, whats more sad is go watch Bobcats games this season. The Cats fans are loud, cheering and on their feet despite last season's debacle. Panthers might just have worse fan base in the NFL, maybe even worse than the jaguars.
[/quote]

I love going to Bobcats games, I always have a good experience arena-wise, even if the team sucks.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1352734991' post='1995897']

RTP would suffer the same fate as Charlotte IMO. Look at Canes games when the Sabers or Rangers or Flyers come to town.
[/quote]
True. I'm one of three Panthers fans in the eastern part of the state, and I don't know if the other two would be willing to drive to Raleigh every Sunday. Charlotte is a haul, though. I can't make the trip on a regular basis.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, Raleigh is a huge transplant area too. Though PNC Arena is rocking all the time for the Cane's, one of the loudest in the league. Those Sabres-Canes games get pretty roudy and have extra police protection. Far more "protection of the house" from the fans.

Posted · Report post

in all honesty at the start of the game, seemed like there was a good amount of blue..Id say 70% were panther...but the lower level visitor side was all orange. Obviously when we were getting blown out, it was about 90% bronco fans and the cheering at the end made me shake my head...one of the louder times in the entire game.

Posted · Report post

Got to start winning folks, that's the "silver bullet". As much as it pains me to say it, Atlanta (after 45 years) has a home field advantage due to finally winning. I belive with all my heart it will come sooner than latter. Of course when it does, just wait for all the morons I spoke of in my above post to be "die hard" Carolina fans.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_Lover' timestamp='1352732353' post='1995820']
Doesn't matter to me who people in Charlotte root for. I'm a Panthers fan and always will be, and I intend to make it back into the stands next season. (Yes, I live in South Carolina.)
[/quote]
Yes PL, folks sometimes forget this team represents BOTH Carolinas, not just Charlotte.

Posted · Report post

Los Angeles?

Yes had to do it

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson' timestamp='1352737787' post='1995969']
Los Angeles?

Yes had to do it
[/quote]
Neg Rep

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Super_Freak' timestamp='1352729590' post='1995758']
1) Charlotte is a city of transplants who are loyal to the teams they grew up with.
2) Not every Carolina native dropped their favorite team to support the upstarts. Love and loyalty run deep in many fans.
3) If the team were more successful the youth of the area would jump aboard. No one likes a loser.
[/quote]

Very well said... I have no idea why people cant comprehend this logic. Here are a few reasons why more Carolinians and transplants dont leave the teams they have grew up with.

1)The Panthers are a young franchise. (17 years)

2)The Panthers are a losing franchise.

3)Team is totally irrelevant and gets 0 coverage by the national media outlets.

4)We never make a splash in free agency to get relevant players to generate buzz and help us win.

5)Consistently make bone headed decisions in the draft

6)The front office refuses to address known issues and just roll with what the have on the roster

7)Hold on to sub-par or injury prone players because the are nice people

8)Ownership and 90% of fans settle for mediocrity the other 10% gets blasted when they expose facts

9)Foxys 9 years stretch of boring brand of football

10)Riveras poor coaching staff the last 2 years

11)Never having back to back winning seasons

12)management dosent hold Coaches and Coaches dont hold players accountable for poor performance.

13)The franchise is too soft for hardcore NFL fans. Fans of good franchises laugh at us.

14)Never haveing a true face of the franchise until Cams arrival.

15)The environment at our stadium is too family focused in the upper levels and Wine & Cheese in the lower levels.

Sorry, guys I got carried away... I had to vent my frustration, Im sure all you long time Panthers fans understand.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson' timestamp='1352737787' post='1995969']
Los Angeles?

Yes had to do it
[/quote]

They would suffer the same fate in LA, another bandwagon/transplant market.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1352738035' post='1995982']
They would suffer the same fate in LA, another bandwagon/transplant market.
[/quote]
Exactley!!! The NFL has more sense than that. If you think the Carolinas/Charlotte is loaded with transplants," you ain't seen nothin".