66 replies to this topic

#16 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Born and raised in NC. Panther fan since 10/26/93. Ask 3/4 of these a$$hole Dallas fans who Lance Rentzel or Chuck Howley were and you get "huh?". Ask dip$hit Steeler fans about the team they merged with for a while and you get "huh?" Ask band wagon Patriot fans who Steve Grogan was and you get "huh?". Well you get the idea. I honestly belive that we have a$$holes that check our schedule, then run out , buy that teams gear the week before and show up at BoA, claiming to be "die hards". Iam and will always be an unashamed Panther fan.

#17 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

why would you cheer for the panthers when you could be a patriots, cowboys, or steelers frontrunner and be surrounded by other fans just like you?

steve smith

#18 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Born and raised in NC. Panther fan since 10/26/93. Ask 3/4 of these a$$hole Dallas fans who Lance Rentzel of Chuck Howley were and you get "huh?". Ask dip$hit Steeler fans about the team they merged with for a while and you get "huh?" Ask band wagon Patriot fans who Steve Grogan was and you get "huh?". Well you get the idea. I honestly belive that we have a$$holes that check our schedule, then run out , buy that teams gear the week before and show up at BoA, claiming to be "die hards". Iam and will always be an unashamed Panther fan.

This.

#19 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Doesn't matter to me who people in Charlotte root for. I'm a Panthers fan and always will be, and I intend to make it back into the stands next season. (Yes, I live in South Carolina.)

#20 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

North Carolina's boost in population through the last few decades came from people moving from out of state, who already had allegiances to other teams. When Charlotte got the Panthers, some people switched over and started supporting the local team. But a lot didn't. And even after the Panthers have been around for almost 20 years now, more people have moved to the Carolinas from other states and never turn their support to the Panthers.

Overall I don't think a city of transplants is a good recipe for long-lasting success of an NFL franchise, but considering they "sell-out" almost every home game, I guess the business model is doing well enough.

#21 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Scientific survey says 49% Panthers crowd, 27% Broncos, 24% empty seats.

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,712 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

It's unlike any other stadium or market in pro sports.

#23 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Agreed, whats more sad is go watch Bobcats games this season. The Cats fans are loud, cheering and on their feet despite last season's debacle. Panthers might just have worse fan base in the NFL, maybe even worse than the jaguars.

#24 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I wonder how they would do in the RTP?

#25 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,712 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

I wonder how they would do in the RTP?

RTP would suffer the same fate as Charlotte IMO. Look at Canes games when the Sabers or Rangers or Flyers come to town.

#26 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,638 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Agreed, whats more sad is go watch Bobcats games this season. The Cats fans are loud, cheering and on their feet despite last season's debacle. Panthers might just have worse fan base in the NFL, maybe even worse than the jaguars.

I love going to Bobcats games, I always have a good experience arena-wise, even if the team sucks.

#27 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

RTP would suffer the same fate as Charlotte IMO. Look at Canes games when the Sabers or Rangers or Flyers come to town.

True. I'm one of three Panthers fans in the eastern part of the state, and I don't know if the other two would be willing to drive to Raleigh every Sunday. Charlotte is a haul, though. I can't make the trip on a regular basis.

#28 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, Raleigh is a huge transplant area too. Though PNC Arena is rocking all the time for the Cane's, one of the loudest in the league. Those Sabres-Canes games get pretty roudy and have extra police protection. Far more "protection of the house" from the fans.

#29 Dunn

Dunn

• ALL-PRO
  • 363 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

in all honesty at the start of the game, seemed like there was a good amount of blue..Id say 70% were panther...but the lower level visitor side was all orange. Obviously when we were getting blown out, it was about 90% bronco fans and the cheering at the end made me shake my head...one of the louder times in the entire game.

#30 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Got to start winning folks, that's the "silver bullet". As much as it pains me to say it, Atlanta (after 45 years) has a home field advantage due to finally winning. I belive with all my heart it will come sooner than latter. Of course when it does, just wait for all the morons I spoke of in my above post to be "die hard" Carolina fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com