Yes PL, folks sometimes forget this team represents BOTH Carolinas, not just Charlotte.
Doesn't matter to me who people in Charlotte root for. I'm a Panthers fan and always will be, and I intend to make it back into the stands next season. (Yes, I live in South Carolina.)
I am convinced Charlotte is only about 20% Panther fans
Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:27 AM
Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:33 AM
1) Charlotte is a city of transplants who are loyal to the teams they grew up with.
2) Not every Carolina native dropped their favorite team to support the upstarts. Love and loyalty run deep in many fans.
3) If the team were more successful the youth of the area would jump aboard. No one likes a loser.
Very well said... I have no idea why people cant comprehend this logic. Here are a few reasons why more Carolinians and transplants dont leave the teams they have grew up with.
1)The Panthers are a young franchise. (17 years)
2)The Panthers are a losing franchise.
3)Team is totally irrelevant and gets 0 coverage by the national media outlets.
4)We never make a splash in free agency to get relevant players to generate buzz and help us win.
5)Consistently make bone headed decisions in the draft
6)The front office refuses to address known issues and just roll with what the have on the roster
7)Hold on to sub-par or injury prone players because the are nice people
8)Ownership and 90% of fans settle for mediocrity the other 10% gets blasted when they expose facts
9)Foxys 9 years stretch of boring brand of football
10)Riveras poor coaching staff the last 2 years
11)Never having back to back winning seasons
12)management dosent hold Coaches and Coaches dont hold players accountable for poor performance.
13)The franchise is too soft for hardcore NFL fans. Fans of good franchises laugh at us.
14)Never haveing a true face of the franchise until Cams arrival.
15)The environment at our stadium is too family focused in the upper levels and Wine & Cheese in the lower levels.
Sorry, guys I got carried away... I had to vent my frustration, Im sure all you long time Panthers fans understand.
Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:37 AM
Exactley!!! The NFL has more sense than that. If you think the Carolinas/Charlotte is loaded with transplants," you ain't seen nothin".
They would suffer the same fate in LA, another bandwagon/transplant market.
Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:50 AM
It's bandwagon and fairweather BS which is 90% of the NFL fanbase.
- CatMan72 PIE'd this
Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:21 PM
....hell, the people who run one of the leased parking lots- you know the ones that charge $15 to park on Morehead- has seats in front of me for about 10 years now... all with Manning jerseys yesterday...
Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:02 PM
Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:14 PM
Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:27 PM
Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:42 PM
Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:57 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users