66 replies to this topic

#46 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Winning cures all ills. It's that simple.

#47 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Winning cures all ills. It's that simple.

It's that simple....and that hard. All at the same time :-(

#48 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,199 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Transplants has a lot to do with it. For example, I live in NYC now. Do I cheer for the Jets or Giants now? Nope. I'm a Panthers fan. I was going to give the Jets a go, as they are in the AFC, but they suck, so why bother. Same exact thing is happening in Charlotte. Just because they move there doesn't mean they need to switch. And they definitely won't switch for an inferior product.

Your logic doesn't really make sense.... all you need do is turn it around now that you don't live here and the Panthers suck, yo have free rein to pull for any team you want.

I'm a believer that you support your local team, just as you support your local businesses. I was a lifelong Raider fan until I moved to NC and 18 months later announced an NFL franchise was on the way, and that was before the Raiders went into the toilet so it's not like I was dumping a crappy team.

Most of the people where I live are Redskin fans because "they were the only team around..." But Charlotte is 2.5 hours away and DC is about 4.5 hours, so why not switch? Both teams suck hugely, but one is closer than the other.

#49 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Would you all still be a Panthers fan first and foremost if you moved to another city like Pittsburgh. Dallas, or San Francisco?

If so...then you have your answer.

#50 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,123 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Would you all still be a Panthers fan first and foremost if you moved to another city like Pittsburgh. Dallas, or San Francisco?

If so...then you have your answer.

That would make sense if any of the people at the game yesterday were from Denver, or before that Dallas, or Pittsburgh, or on and on and on. When San Fran played here in 2010 it was the same way. No way 30,000 Forty Niner fans flew cross country to watch that game, or for that matter were transplants. The vast majority are North/South Carolina natives that jumped on a bandwagon and hate the home team, plain and simple.

#51 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,380 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Many, many Seahawks fans drove home with VA license plates. Many, many Broncos fans drove home with SC license plates.

#52 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

if you win they will come

/thread

#53 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,728 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

go watch replays of the MNF game against Tampa Bay in 2008. BOA Stadium rivaled Soldier Field or Heinz Stadium for attendance and fan voracity. Winning games puts asses in the stands, period. If we were 6-2 going into the Donkeys game there'd have been a howling ocean of black and blue.

start winning games and ALL of this changes.

#54 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Agreed, whats more sad is go watch Bobcats games this season. The Cats fans are loud, cheering and on their feet despite last season's debacle. Panthers might just have worse fan base in the NFL, maybe even worse than the jaguars.

Its a lot easier to fill a basketball arena than a football stadium.

#55 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well....a 4th of Charlotte is about 300,000 fans, so ok.

#56 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

It is all about winning. The atomsphere is different when we are winning. I wish fans filled the seats win or lose. The debacle of the 2010 season really hurt support. People don't want to commit a day and hard earned cash to watch that garbage. I was there yesterday in SEC 510 and felt like I was in Denver. It is sad but it is all about winning. Hopefully, new mangement and coach will get us on right track.

#57 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,199 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I agree with the notion of several comments made that winning will fix everything. It will.

The 1996 season, 2003, 2005 and even 2008 were the few tough years to get tickets to games.

January 5, 1997 at home against the Dallas Cowboys.... there weren't any Cowboy fans in the stadium that day.
January 3, 2004 at home against the Dallas Cowboys... same.
December 8, 2008 at home against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday Night Football.... no Bucs fans to speak of, same just a few days later on December 14 against the Denver Broncos when the Panthers beat their ass 30-10.

Commit to putting a winning team on the field, commit to a long-term plan to continue success, create continuity and you'll Panther fans in the seats again.

Lead the owners to another work stoppage, draw another pie chart, go low-budget roster like 2009 again and you may as well move this team because you're very close to alienating any potential fan-base for a generation.

#58 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,184 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Why would any Charlotte fans pay to watch the Rivera's Panthers lose every home game?

They have a better chance of watching the Bobcats win this year with a real HC "Dunlap". Go Cats!

#59 tailg8or

tailg8or

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC area

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Most stadiums get filled with Steelers, Cowboys and Giants fans when the big name, big brand teams come to town. Considering the Panthers have one of the worst records during the last 4 - 5 years, the fans have been pretty good to the team. When the Panthers were good, the fans were great.

That said, Panther fans need to get to their seats before kickoff. I have traveled to many different stadiums and we are always fashionably late. Player introductions are a joke.

#60 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Most of the time when we have a thread going like this is one lonely guy getting his ass handed to him for not supporting a team that is not only losing but also not holding anyone accountable for the continued failures. He is commonly known as a "Bad Fan or not a True Fan". I call him smart! What kind of dumb-ass continues to support a franchise that is content with losing as long as the tickets are sold?

I think what has Panthers fans so pissed this time around is not that we lose some games but because our front office is directly responsible for this poo storm via controlled chaos. Marty was well aware of what he was doing when trading our picks and not filling areas of need via FA. All while JR turned a blind eye and sat back on his golf cart believing that his brand was indestructible while allowing his money, our financial and emotional investments to all be abused. This is all tied back to one overly emotional and clingly sports writer's inability to evaluate NFL caliber talent. You only have yourself the thank for this one JR, Marty should have never been your guy in the first place!

Oh, and thank the PSL holders for floating your boat the since Jakes collapse! Cant forget the little guys, right JR! (wink)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.