Photo
- - - - -

My Sunday schedule just got a bit more flexible...

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,762 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

After church yesterday my wife asked me if I wanted to go to the mountains for the day. I told her that I would like to watch the Panthers game at 1pm, that John Fox was returning, Peyton Manning, etc...

So there she sat cheering alongside me...

Well after watching that debacle I am no longer going out of my way to watch the Panthers this year.

What has this team done to earn 4 hours of my life every Sunday for the next 6 weeks?

Anyone want to go apple picking next Sunday? Maybe I play 18. Maybe rake those damn leaves.

#2 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

i'll definitely be going to as much church as possible on sundays fom now on...because watching the panthers is a sin.

#3 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I will watch my Panthers regardless.

#4 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I have to take the girlfriend out and her dad today. He is a Vet, God bless his soul.

#5 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'll still watch. Maybe not every second of every play but it will be on. I'll probably go to another couple of games too, now that tix will be free or close to it for the rest of the season.

#6 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

The team doesn't excite me at all anymore. Still, I continue watching hoping there will be some drastic change. It's kind of like following politics in America. You sort of accept nearly every politician is a liar supporting the same extreme ideologies, but you read the articles anyway hoping there will be some small glimmer of hope.

At least I know the Panthers will improve before the USA has decent and honest politicians since that most likely won't happen in my lifetime.

#7 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I think Ive been coming to this same conclusion for a couple of years. This year has just really driven home the point.

I traded maybe the last 70 degree day of the year in my kayak for 4 hours of boredom an frustration.

And the really bad thing was I didnt expect them to win, I just expected then to look better than a division II high school team. Yesterday we looked like the team Spurrier was talking about when he said that 'Bama could beat an NFL team.

#8 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,095 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I left at half time to go to the Y. Laughed when I got there and Dever had ran up the score even more. Up until then I hadn't missed a snap this year.

#9 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,770 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

I play flag football every Sunday morning. Past few weeks I have left between the first and second game to rush home, shower, and make it to the bar in time for the game.

I'm playing in the second game for the rest of this year at least.

#10 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

shut up.

you will watch the panthers and you will like it.

#11 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,631 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Already sold remaining games, and the honey-do list is going to be finished on Sundays now.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

After church yesterday my wife asked me if I wanted to go to the mountains for the day. I told her that I would like to watch the Panthers game at 1pm, that John Fox was returning, Peyton Manning, etc...

So there she sat cheering alongside me...

Well after watching that debacle I am no longer going out of my way to watch the Panthers this year.

What has this team done to earn 4 hours of my life every Sunday for the next 6 weeks?

Anyone want to go apple picking next Sunday? Maybe I play 18. Maybe rake those damn leaves.

that's kind of been the story for the last few weeks for me.

my wife has been patient. she won't have to be anymore. not this season.

last year i thought that even if we do lose,it's going to be fun watching cam and this offense each week.

thanks chud for taking even that simple joy away.

#13 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

at least watching keek destroy running backs gives me a few minutes of pleasure :(

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,762 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

I will watch my Panthers regardless.

And Jerry Richardson knows this as that is his business model.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

yeah, the defense has been fun to watch....but not enough to warrant the frustration of watching this crap every week.

in 2010 i could watch at most one half of the game before i just had to walk away or go take a nap.

not sure i could even manage that just because of how much potential there is on this offense, esp. with cam. it's just way too frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com