Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Sunday schedule just got a bit more flexible...

113 posts in this topic

Posted

more to life than panthers football.

Like what?

1 person likes this

Posted

Agree. Wife and I drove to Charlotte for that debacle yesterday and I told her as we were leaving that it was the last Sunday this year I was planning around the Panthers. If I'm already home, then I'll probably watch some. But if I have other things to do, or she wants to go see a movie or something, I'm going to do that instead.

Posted

Like what?

family...friends....nature....church...community service...sex....taco bell....cleaning out belly button lint and ear wax (and making candles with it)...searching the deep mysteries of life like what "happened to that other sock?"
5 people like this

Posted

My buddy (A Giant fan) and I agreed the only thing that would have saved yesterday was to have played 18.

Posted

bunch of fairweathers

Call it what you like,not going to change anybody's mind.

Over the years Ive put a lot behind the Panthers on my priorities list. From household chores to my dads 60th birthday a lot of things have taken a back seat to the Panthers.

No more

Ill still watch most of every game but it will be when I want to and it will be from the DVR.

Not pissing away another day. If that fits your definition of "fairweather" then so be it.

And for that matter this is the last time Ill buy the Sunday ticket/red zone/ or NFLN if I have to pay more for it.

Posted

Yeah I had great tix to the game yesterday. Sold them friday for a nice markup and got a bunch of my kids christmas shopping done saturday. Best decision I made all week.

I'll still watch, but thanks to DVR it'll be when it's convenient for me and if they do poo the bed I'll work that fast forward button hard

Posted

I will continue to watch. I spent $150 on SundayTicket (called them & asked do I really need to threaten to cancel or can you just disount it? done, 1/2 price) and I dont like wasting money, already wasted or not. I watch until the end, or at least stand in front of the TV drunk & try to focus....

Posted

Your DVR is your friend.

My dad DVRs all of the games and watches them later. Good competitive game? He can watch it in 1.5 hours when he can skip all of the stoppages. We poo the bed? He can delete it.

No DVR yet.

Posted

definitely won't be watching the panthers next sunday, but after that i'll give them a shot the rest of the season

Posted

No DVR yet.

What are you like Amish or do you just like living in the 70s?

j/k

get a dvr

1 person likes this

Posted

What are you like Amish or do you just like living in the 70s?

j/k

get a dvr

Well I do still own a VCR.

Posted

I watched till halftime - then set a new halo waypoint personal best for kills. So thank you chud for helping me find a better kick to the face than halo on legendary solo.

Now what can you do to top the IRS?