Photo
- - - - -

My Sunday schedule just got a bit more flexible...

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I dont consider myself a fair weather fan but about 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter I decided to turn the tv off and go out to the shop and work on some projects and half listen on the radio. I wasnt disappointed in the decision.

#17 Sweeneyman

Sweeneyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Have to agree. Watching this team is not fun or enjoyable anymore. I wasted a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, that could've been enjoyed in a multitude of ways. I will not do it again. I will utilize my DVR, and if any remaining game(s) are worthy of my attention, then they will be viewed at a convenient time. They are still my team, and will remain my team, but the attention offered to them will be greatly reduced. I feel numb, and embarassed as a fan.

#18 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

My touring schedule makes it almost impossible for me to watch another game this year except the Monday night game against the Eagles (the most interesting game left on the schedule in my opinion...)

I'm just pissed I wasted $300 on NFL Sunday Ticket for this garbage.

#19 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

I've been thinking about not even bothering to watch the Panthers play as well. But then I think the day I don't watch will be the day that they decide to lay 50 on someone with a shut out as well. Then I'll be pissed i didn't watch it.

#20 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Maybe I play 18.

Yeah, I missed the best golf weather of the year for this garbage. I'm definitely going on DVR delay for the remainder of the season.

#21 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

My friend asked me if I wanted to go throw the football yesterday during the game. Normally I would have give him the "are you f'in kidding me look?" For some reason I didn't mind missing most of the fourth quarter, first time I have purposefully not watched the Panthers in over 8 years- yep even through the Clausen season.

#22 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I've been thinking about not even bothering to watch the Panthers play as well. But then I think the day I don't watch will be the day that they decide to lay 50 on someone with a shut out as well. Then I'll be pissed i didn't watch it.

Your DVR is your friend.

My dad DVRs all of the games and watches them later. Good competitive game? He can watch it in 1.5 hours when he can skip all of the stoppages. We poo the bed? He can delete it.

#23 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

bunch of fairweathers

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

more to life than panthers football.

#25 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

more to life than panthers football.

Like what?

#26 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Agree. Wife and I drove to Charlotte for that debacle yesterday and I told her as we were leaving that it was the last Sunday this year I was planning around the Panthers. If I'm already home, then I'll probably watch some. But if I have other things to do, or she wants to go see a movie or something, I'm going to do that instead.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Like what?

family...friends....nature....church...community service...sex....taco bell....cleaning out belly button lint and ear wax (and making candles with it)...searching the deep mysteries of life like what "happened to that other sock?"

#28 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,497 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

My buddy (A Giant fan) and I agreed the only thing that would have saved yesterday was to have played 18.

#29 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

bunch of fairweathers

Call it what you like,not going to change anybody's mind.

Over the years Ive put a lot behind the Panthers on my priorities list. From household chores to my dads 60th birthday a lot of things have taken a back seat to the Panthers.

No more

Ill still watch most of every game but it will be when I want to and it will be from the DVR.

Not pissing away another day. If that fits your definition of "fairweather" then so be it.

And for that matter this is the last time Ill buy the Sunday ticket/red zone/ or NFLN if I have to pay more for it.

#30 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yeah I had great tix to the game yesterday. Sold them friday for a nice markup and got a bunch of my kids christmas shopping done saturday. Best decision I made all week.

I'll still watch, but thanks to DVR it'll be when it's convenient for me and if they do poo the bed I'll work that fast forward button hard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.