Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hepcat

How long does Cam Newton get a pass?

68 posts in this topic

when players dont believe in the system, they normally dont play well. Cam and chud are not a great fit. They clash on everything. They are also limiting Cam on what he is allowed to do. Cam is basically told to run the play called. Dont like it, tough. There is no qb in this league that just wants to be a robot. Cam needs to be able to call audibles etc. Let the guy QB dammit.

Stew - 7 carries

1 person likes this

I still dont think people comprehend how much Chud has single handily ruined this season. Besides putting to much on Cams shoulders we have 80 million dollars invested in running backs and WE DONT USE THEM. I mean come on, he would have been fired by now on any other team for that kind of incompetence. He pretty much does whatever he wants and doesnt factor in the investments and philosophy of the team at all in his game planning. Sure you could say it falls back on River because he is the head coach but i still think Chud doesnt get enough blame outside of this forum.

Cpf I agree! With a backfield like that, and we barely call plays to take advantage of the tools we have.

Until we get a competent coaching staff and OC

Cam's basically been blindfolded, tied up, thrown in the middle of the amazon, and told to find his way out all on his own.

DUH!?! Its the Offensive Line Folks!!! The Quarterback Is Scared For His Life! We've been here before Panther fans. Don't blame the QB this time!

We can't even run the friggin ball! All of a sudden DWill and Stew are garbage too?!? Pffffft.

Yes Cam Newton gets a pass, A BIG PASS.

game manager with the freedom to run when he sees a hole.

the problem is, i think he's a gunslinger. i love gunslingers...when it works. i hate game managers...unless it's necessary. gunslingers don't always fit into the game manger mold anymore than game managers can fit into the gunslinger mindset.

Legit concern. Henning tried that with Delhomme in early 2005 and the results were awful. Once they let him go back to being what he naturally was, things got better.

Understand the notion. Just not sure it can work.

He should get a pass until Chud is gone.

1 person likes this

Three years just like any other rookie. If he doesn't show improvement by then, we move on.

An offense's best friend is it's Oline.

A young QB's best friend is a running game.

The Panthers have neither.

Some of it he brings on himself, he does not get stepping into the pocket and if it's not there throw it away...or if you are going to run run...don't think about it...do it.

My biggest concern with him is he seems very detached from his team mates, very detached from his coaches and this isn't a 'me' game. A strong coach would not tolerate that. That too, is part of the problem. Things seldom go the way they are suppose to in life, pick yourself up, put your big boy pants on and move forward. I do not know if this is something that can be taught or not.

Speaking honestly, and this pains me as I wanted him here, I have not one belief that would ever make a play to help get the Panthers in that game yesterday.

He gets his rookie contract and if he is no better, in the Not For Long League, the Panthers will move on.

I trust the new GM will hire the coach to do the evaluations.