68 replies to this topic

#46 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

By the way, if they can bench a young Joe Adams, who definitely gives us our best chance at having good returns, why can't they bench Cam Newton who's struggling as well? I feel Derek Anderson gives us the best chance to win.

Prob should bench Stewart and Dwill too and put Newton at RB cause he has more yard than both of them Running.

Or why are we benching a young Taurn Poole?

Or what about Tolbert? He's good right? right?

#47 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I feel Derek Anderson gives us the best chance to win.

Why?

EDIT: Oh wait, I didn't see this...

With Anderson being a mature QB, we can let him run the full offense.

LOL, yes when I think of Derek Anderson, mature really comes to mind. Imagine the backlash if Cam either A - laughed on the sidelines on a night game, or B - responded like this when asked about it.

#48 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,668 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I think DA does indeed give us the best chance to win, but not because of DA or Cam. It's because the coaches would actually be forced to re-evaluate their scheme and go back to the air coryell style that worked so well last year.

That doesn't actually mean bench Cam, it means the coaches are idiots.

#49 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Prob should bench Stewart and Dwill too and put Newton at RB cause he has more yard than both of them Running.

Or why are we benching a young Taurn Poole?

Or what about Tolbert? He's good right? right?

Actually, Cam has been our main running back in this scheme. Yet with all that aside, Cam have shown he still needs work on his mechanics. Major work. He can learn that while backing up a guy who is further along in that area. I like to see Cam in a humbling situation, see how he responds.

Why?

EDIT: Oh wait, I didn't see this...

LOL, yes when I think of Derek Anderson, mature really comes to mind. Imagine the backlash if Cam either A - laughed on the sidelines on a night game, or B - responded like this when asked about it.

When I say mature, I'm talking QB essentials. (Pocket presence, anticipation, calling audibles) Anderson have a full knowledge of the playbook, minus the added garbage of read options. Let Anderson play for the rest of the season, and see how Cam responds on the bench. Ultimately if Cam doesn't receive being benched well, and Anderson shows he can do something, trading Cam Newton might become an option.

#50 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

If Alex Smith got what 5 seasons before he actually put out a somewhat respectible season then Cam will get just as long. It's actually funny to me that a lot of people around here believe Cam is the problem you can tell the guy has "it" yet people still ridicule him it isn't his fault he isn't being coached properly. Like people have mentioned Cam goes to the sideline and recieves almost no coaching take a look around the league and show me a team that does that, there isn't one except the Carolina Panthers we need new coaches preferablly sooner rather than later but it won't happen until the offseason more than likely.

#51 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Would like to see us get the run game going on a consistent level, because I assume Cam isn't the answer at QB. Our run game was shut down yesterday and has been almost non-existent all year. In our only two wins, we rank for over 100 yards. I have no clue why we have struggled this season to run the ball. In 2010 with Fox, we rushed for 1846 years. In 2011 with Rivera and Chad, we improved to 2408. This year, we're at 982, the last I checked. On pace for maybe a 1,000? hmm

What's the deal? It's not just, but inconsistent. Again Chicago whose great at stopping the run, we did manage 119 yards.

#52 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

IMO, Cam get's all 4 years before we even think about going a different direction.

#53 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yes, coaches are the problem. Yet why hasn't JR fired Rivera yet? As far as I'm concerned, as long as Rivera is here, Cam doesn't need to be the starter. Rivera is scared stiff at the thought of Cam running a pro offense, which is puzzling considering he will definitely be fired at the end of the season. If we put Anderson in there, we can finally see what our offense could have looked like this year with proper coaching, because Rivera and Chud will let Anderson run the full offense.

#54 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Actually, Cam has been our main running back in this scheme. Yet with all that aside, Cam have shown he still needs work on his mechanics. Major work. He can learn that while backing up a guy who is further along in that area. I like to see Cam in a humbling situation, see how he responds.

When I say mature, I'm talking QB essentials. (Pocket presence, anticipation, calling audibles) Anderson have a full knowledge of the playbook, minus the added garbage of read options. Let Anderson play for the rest of the season, and see how Cam responds on the bench. Ultimately if Cam doesn't receive being benched well, and Anderson shows he can do something, trading Cam Newton might become an option.

Trading Cam Newton so we can build around Derek "69 career passer rating" Anderson....I think I've heard everything now.

#55 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Trading Cam Newton so we can build around Derek "69 career passer rating" Anderson....I think I've heard everything now.

I said it could become an option. You do realize that there's a chance that Cam might not be the guy we hoped he be? I'm not paying attention to us losing when it comes to Cam, it's established the reason we are losing. Yet right now I'm just looking at the basics of being a great QB. Right now, I am underwhelmed. This season just shows us, and last season showed us as well but we were caught up in Cam's splash plays, Cam has a lot of growing to do. I need to now see him in a humbling situation. You think getting beatdown by the Giants, Broncos, and other teams are a humbling experience for him? If it was, I should be seeing that desire to get better by now. So I would like see how he responds to being benched.

I know the playcalling will switch once Anderson is in the huddle. So I also want to see the maximum skills of everyone in this offense. With Cam in there, the playcalling is dumbed down to the max. Not Cam's fault, but nevertheless, I want Anderson in there because I know the playcalling will be adequate to say the least.

#56 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

At least we'd be "under the rader" again and wouldnt get roasted for losing. We could lose in peace again quietly.

#57 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Cam should start this and next year. But chances are he will be working with a new offense next year, and will have to grow into that as well. So then he will get the year after to grow into it as well.

Long story short, Cam will be our starter through 2014 and has a good chance of being a franchise QB with some decent coaching around him.

#58 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I just don't want to start over, with nothing to show for it. If we are ever going to consider trading Cam (I'm not saying I'm there right now), this upcoming offseason is the time to do it. Another year with these stats, and no one would trade a ham sandwich for Cam. Right now things like bad coaching are considered by teams who would be interested in Cam right now. That rookie season is still fresh on the mind.

So I say start Anderson. Cam is not going to have a probowl season within these last seven games. Let him sit for a while and learn. Let us see his mindset from a humbling position. (As I said before, getting your butt kicked by the Manning brothers is humbling enough. Cam still found time to celebrate when we were getting jacked up by Eli's Giants) If he doesn't handle that well, that will tell us all we need to know. We already know we suck this year, sit the young guy down.

#59 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,641 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

why? what has cam done to deserve a big paycheck?

By that time the Pats will be looking for a replacement for Brady. Think the Pats would spend a bunch of money on Cam?

ugh.

if he's working out THEN get him a paycheck.

if he's not working out then we don't.

didn't imply that it's a given.

#60 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

He stops getting a "get out of jail free"card when this team can assemble a real o-line....if he continues to struggle then, we know he is the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com