Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Murphy fired as special teams coach

87 posts in this topic

Posted

wtf!! Chud has been stinking it up game after game and he gets a pass but our STs has one bad game and he gets fired?! lol this getting more comical by the day

someone has to run the practices

Posted

Who'd have thought McDermott would be the most popular coach on the team by this point in the season?

1 person likes this

Posted

Are people just looking for an excuse to criticize Richardson or something?

Richardson did not fire Murphy. Rivera did. The head coach is the one who picks his assistants and decides if he wants them to stay or not. Only coach Richardson cares to fire is the HC unless the OC or DC is truly that detrimental. But in that case, the HC usually is ousted too.

Posted

He should've never been given the job in the first place.

Posted

So who takes over?

Posted

Firing one by one... I like it.

Rivera demote yourself to DC plz

Posted

I'm starting to think they're firing people that will least affect their preparation from week to week with the idea that they'll all be gone by season's end.

Right now, I'm pretty sure JR is done with this staff. I think he's just keeping on who he needs so that the team can function for the time being. Just a guess.

And in the past we've seen JR definitely treats employees with respect.

Man forget that. Make Shula OC, tell him this is our playbook, call common sense plays and if you dont show something you're fired

Half-serious by the way

Posted

I won't defend Murphy but the personnel is awful. Medlock and Nortman are disappointing, Nakamura missed a blocking assignment on a blocked punt earlier in the year and Joe Adams has had problems catching the ball.

You can blame Murphy but it's not that simple. Our struggles will continue if Nortman continues to outkick his coverage.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are people just looking for an excuse to criticize Richardson or something?

Richardson did not fire Murphy. Rivera did. The head coach is the one who picks his assistants and decides if he wants them to stay or not. Only coach Richardson cares to fire is the HC unless the OC or DC is truly that detrimental. But in that case, the HC usually is ousted too.

I would think Richardson had some input

Posted

To be perfectly fair on that return yesterday, it wouldn't have been possible without 3 open and violent blocks in the back. If it was the straw that broke Murphy's back, that sucks for him, but it's not like our ST has been good at any point.

I certainly hope Murphy isn't paying the price for Rivera's decision to put Armanti and Pilares on the field.

Posted

Why is Chud not fired?

He won the immunity challenge.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would think Richardson had some input

In what, firing the special teams coach? No, that is on Rivera.

But, even if he had input, why does it matter to everyone here? Do people really think firing Rivera right now is going to accomplish anything? Richardson knows what the issue is and the issue (firing Rivera) will be dealt with at the end of the season unless we totally screw the pooch sometime soon worse than we already have.