Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say hello to your 2013 1st round draft pick

78 posts in this topic

Posted

i bet he doesnt even lift.

tiny ass arms, no thanks.

Posted

i bet he doesnt even lift.

tiny ass arms, no thanks.

I'm pretty sure he lifts.

Just a hunch.

Posted

Bicep size doesn't mean sh*t to o-line play. Good O-linemen rely on a solid base (wide hips, thick legs and torso) or an athletic kick-slide, a good initial punch (which is more triceps, deltoid, and pectorals), and quick hands and feet. They want tall guys with long arms because it limits the moves a d-lineman can make when you can get your hands on him. Long arms usually mean a guys biceps are elongated. Curls for the girls, not for o-line play.

Posted

Notice a lot of SEC players...hmmm

Posted

Id take chance then (if were in the top five, we should try to trade down). Solidify rg and with improvement from silly the line would be solid, then replace gross the following year

Posted

How long do you think Gross will play? Especially if we are in rebuild mode again. Not saying your wrong but you have to take that into consideration.

Maybe not too much longer but I think, for now, we're fine. And I'm more concerned about getting a dangerous receiver or disruptive defensive tackle than a left tackle.

Posted

We have to go defense this offseason to anticipate the yearly switch of which side of the ball decides to suck.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who would you take instead of Joeckel?

Star or Hankins

Posted

You still haven't told us why that LT is so good besides "everyone else said he was good."

I bet he haven't even seen one full game of Joeckel

Posted

He's good but I'd rather get an impact defensive or offensive player. I think our tackles are fine, anyway. It's our interior that is the issue.

Yup I agree.

Our tackles are fine. Need to upgrade RG though.

This is the typical Carolina Huddle.

One bad game from a player like Gross and people are crying for a LT. Seriously?

Posted

carolina-chuck here to lay down the law.

Posted

Because you never played footbal or scouted talent for football.

Wood so when did you become a scout?

Trying to evaluate college players through YouTube clips doesnt make you a scout. Or else I would've been one already.