Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Myth of Cam Newton under pressure dispelled

117 posts in this topic

Posted

why

do you

hit enter

so often

it's fuging pain

stop it

you asshat

also I'd like to see what cam could do with a run game and a WR2 that can get out of coverage more than twice a game.

2 people like this

Posted

So how do we reconcile Tony's stats with what Sloth provided? Is it maybe because NFL stats are raw numbers, while Football Outsiders analyzes each play individually?

All I know is from an eye test standpoint, I find the Football Outsiders' data much more believable.

3 people like this

Posted

Either it's TRD or a poster you would never imagine in your wildest dreams that is behind this account.

Posted

These stats are sortable...

Just go to the final two columns to allow some of the complete bombast you have read on this forum to sink in...

Cam Newton has been hit 35 times this season...

Mike Vick?? 77 !!!

RG III ?? 51 !!!

Andrew Luck ?? 60 !!!

Cutler ?? 51 !!!

Rodgers ?? 48 !!!

Ryan ?? 47 !!!

Gabbert ?? 47 !!!

As a matter of fact, Cam Newton has been hit the 12th FEWEST times of any QB in the NFL this season...

Now let's hear it...

Why these numbers really don't apply to Cam...

Why Cam is "different"

Why these stats don't mean anything...

You lack the rest of the stats that tell the story you are trying to pimp....

Carolina is tied for the 30th amount of pass attempts, only 1 team has fewer....

And you would need to combine, hits, sacks, and pressures.

You would need all that to accurately make the point you are pretending to make.

6 people like this

Posted

So how do we reconcile Tony's stats with what Sloth provided? Is it maybe because NFL stats are raw numbers, while Football Outsiders analyzes each play individually?

All I know is from an eye test standpoint, I find the Football Outsiders' data much more believable.

He ACTUALLY thinks a line made of Gross, Hangartner(he's awful and that ain't no secret), Jeff Byers(center playing guard), Byron Bell(he's terrible with speed rushers,Amini Silatolu( a rookie, who gets beat constantly in pass pro) are world-beaters, lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

TonyN = PFFL.

Same trolling poo as last year. His stupid little forum he tried to create and promote and no one went to left him sad and lonely.

Now that Cam is playing less than great he has come back to try and feel better about himself.

These arguments are the same as they have been and they usually don't hold up under closer scrutiny.

2 people like this

Posted

If you need stats in order to form your own opinion because you can't do it yourself with your own two eyes, then you are nothing more than a robotic imbecile that can't think for himself with very little knowledge of what is really going on. It isn't rocket science. Anyone that is football knowledgeable, or at least has a brain, can see with their own two eyes that Cam has very little time to set his feet and make throws most of the time. You don't need stats to tell you that.

3 people like this

Posted

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&qualified=true

These stats are sortable...

Just go to the final two columns to allow some of the complete bombast you have read on this forum to sink in...

Cam Newton has been hit 35 times this season...

Mike Vick?? 77 !!!

RG III ?? 51 !!!

Andrew Luck ?? 60 !!!

Cutler ?? 51 !!!

Rodgers ?? 48 !!!

Ryan ?? 47 !!!

Gabbert ?? 47 !!!

As a matter of fact, Cam Newton has been hit the 12th FEWEST times of any QB in the NFL this season...

Now let's hear it...

Why these numbers really don't apply to Cam...

Why Cam is "different"

Why these stats don't mean anything...

Per Pff:

The panthers offensive line has given up

15 sacks (sixth most allowed)

20 hits (seventh most allowed)

61 hurries (13th most allowed)

For a total of 96 pressures which is 13th most allowed.

Carolina has 316 pass plays, which is the 8th least.

This gives them a ratio of 76 which is the fourth worst in the Nfl. ( They do weigh sacks a little more heavily).

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but objectivley the fact that you resort to only using hits and not sacks or hurries, and that you neglect to factor in the number passing plays ( two very big factors in comparing lines) suggest your being intellectually dishonest.

8 people like this

Posted

And by the way, I have no problem criticizing Cam's play when it's warranted. It is just a bit ridiculous to try to make the point that he has a relatively clean pocket compared to his peers.

Yesterday, Cam did have a largely clean pocket for the first few series. He did have to scramble once, and was sacked once during our first possession, but it was much better than later in the game. So how did he perform early on? He completed his first 6 passes.

I want to see Cam get proper coaching and an o-line that isn't on their heels all day. If he can't get the job done with those 2 things, then yeah, let's start talking about where we are. But to do so now? It's nuts.

4 people like this

Posted

If you need stats in order to form your own opinion because you can't do it yourself with your own two eyes, then you are nothing more than a robotic imbecile that can't think for himself with very little knowledge of what is really going on. It isn't rocket science. Anyone that is football knowledgeable, or at least has a brain, can see with their own two eyes that Cam has very little time to set his feet and make throws most of the time. You don't need stats to tell you that.

my eyes show me that more times than some fans are willing to admit, newton is holding onto the ball too long.

my mouth screams what my eyes show me.

my son's ears can verify the information that my eyes and mouth relay.

Posted

You lack the rest of the stats that tell the story you are trying to pimp....

Carolina is tied for the 30th amount of pass attempts, only 1 team has fewer....

And you would need to combine, hits, sacks, and pressures.

You would need all that to accurately make the point you are pretending to make.

Just being concise, don't ya know...

The raw data is available, but no matter how much data is presented, the true believers won't believe.

Carolina has not attempted few enough pass attempts to seriously scew the statistics...far from it...

Why don't YOU present a case for Cam Newton being one of the most pressured QB's in the NFL??

But please, base the case on verifiable FACT and not homer fan hyperbole...

Posted

Per Pff:

The panthers offensive line has given up

15 sacks (sixth most allowed)

20 hits (seventh most allowed)

61 hurries (13th most allowed)

For a total of 96 pressures which is 13th most allowed.

Carolina has 316 pass plays, which is the 8th least.

This gives them a ratio of 76 which is the fourth worst in the Nfl. ( They do weigh sacks a little more heavily).

Those numbers seem largely valid, though Newton takes more sacks than are necessary, as most young quarterbacks do.