Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Citizens of multiple states create online petitions to secede from the US.

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#1 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

https://petitions.wh...e.gov/petitions

41,000 + Texans sign up so far... lol

Not sure what to think of this, since I had no idea so many old rich white guys were this computer literate...

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

If true, some of these folks really need to get a life. Maybe we have to much time on our hands in modern day society.

Then again, an online petition doesn't have much credibility. How do we know its not the same person signing 40,000 times?

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Online you say? Sounds serious.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Remember when Bush won in 2000 and all the liberal Democrats acted like total loser babies and did this?

#5 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

The White House will respond to petitions submitted through We the People that comply with these Terms of Participation and reach the second signature threshold listed below. Petitions on We the People must meet the first signature threshold in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse.gov. Petitions that do not meet these signature thresholds will be removed from the site after the time limit has expired. The White House may elect to respond to petitions at any time, including those that have not crossed the first or second threshold.

To avoid the appearance of improper influence, the White House may decline to address certain procurement, law enforcement, adjudicatory, or similar matters properly within the jurisdiction of federal departments or agencies, federal courts, or state and local government in its response to a petition.

AS OF OCTOBER 3, 2011:
To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.
To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days.

https://petitions.wh...s-participation

#6 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Texas is already well past the second threshold... It'll be interesting to see the response, lol...

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

It would be hilarious if Obama came out with a statement that said "sure!".

#8 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'd be ok with losing Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

That would make college football kind of boring though... never mind.

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,965 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

LOL idiots...

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,672 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

uhhhhhhh

"hey guys let's secede! as long as all it takes is typing my name on petition.com, i'm down! let me just finish this post on stormfront and i'll be right on it. you know i heard my grandma all riled up about this, guess she got one of them new chain emails-

...wait what?! armed insurrection? you mean i have to be willing to grab a gun and defend this? against what? against federally-backed military forces? are you insane? fug no man! i listen to glen beck and vote republican man, i already do my part. this is extreme. count me out."

-99% of people who signed that petition

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,644 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

You guys make fun but something seriously needs to be done about the tyranny of the popular vote.

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,672 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

fascinatingly a significant portion of the people signing these things live in states that receive far more from the federal government than they produce in revenue, which is interesting considering their position astride the moral horse of not taking government handouts

also if half those states left they'd be third word countries, but i guess the good news is they'd get to keep the straws of pet institutions like guns and racism that they've been grasping at since reconstruction

#13 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,831 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

I'm waiting for California to succeed.
Our first move is we invade Baja California and seize it from the Mexicans.
Next we make the entire West Coast the ultimate vacation spot with legal hookers and free weed.
Then we sit back drinking our Pina Colodas and cold beers watching sunsets while all you fuggers fly in and leave your vacation dollars .

It could happen.

#14 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,965 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

*Accidental post*

#15 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER