Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronn

Citizens of multiple states create online petitions to secede from the US.

254 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wish this country would split in two. Let the liberals live the way they want to and the conservatives the way they want to. Unfortunately the geography wouldn't work as the liberal half would be all split up. I really think the conservative half would thrive, though. Wouldn't take the stupid rednecks long to realize they'd be better off in the liberal states.

I remember when all these yahoos wanted to secede because the Patriot Act was passed, good times

Sometimes I wish this country would split in two. Let the liberals live the way they want to and the conservatives the way they want to. Unfortunately the geography wouldn't work as the liberal half would be all split up. I really think the conservative half would thrive, though. Wouldn't take the stupid rednecks long to realize they'd be better off in the liberal states.

lolz

Welfare queen states would never secede

And no, I'm not talking about the states kicked our asses in the last Civil War

I remember when all these yahoos wanted to secede because the Patriot Act was passed, good times

it was no less legitimate then as it is now. same story as it always is with government. good intent with horrible consequences due to poor foresight, severely low competence, and outright corruption.

as many politicians are fond of today, "let no good crisis go to waste"

secessionist states: because it is a free country and you are in violation of the founding contract, we are leaving

lincoln: you can't leave. any illusions that you are actually free are as fleeting as my regard for that founding document. we'll win the war and re-write the history as we see fit when it is done

1 person likes this

Hey they didn't call it the Semiunited States. The idea that a state can up and leave because, say, 55 or 60 percent of the population of the state didn't like how the election turned out is laughable. This whole "30 years of losing rights" crap is a joke; it's only when a blue candidate wins that this stuff comes up. Get over it.

Hey they didn't call it the Semiunited States. The idea that a state can up and leave because, say, 55 or 60 percent of the population of the state didn't like how the election turned out is laughable. This whole "30 years of losing rights" crap is a joke; it's only when a blue candidate wins that this stuff comes up. Get over it.

I bet there was a lot of secession talk in California when Bush won both times. The media just didn't want to cover it. Everyone dismisses the left wing nut jobs. But right wing nut jobs have to be pointed out.

Ah yes the media's fault, that's always a great fallback position. For example, when you know your candidate is going to win but the polls show otherwise.

Ah yes the media's fault, that's always a great fallback position. For example, when you know your candidate is going to win but the polls show otherwise.

I used to work for a newspaper. Have you ever worked for a media outlet before?

I used to work in the printing industry, I had magazine, book and newspaper printers as my customers. Not that this has anything to do with your whining - if your analogy had any honesty, you would be complaining about how the liberal media took those nitwit liberal secession ideas seriously but honest conservative outrage was swept under the rug.