Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Citizens of multiple states create online petitions to secede from the US.

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#211 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

secessionist states: because it is a free country and you are in violation of the founding contract, we are leaving
lincoln: you can't leave. any illusions that you are actually free are as fleeting as my regard for that founding document. we'll win the war and re-write the history as we see fit when it is done

#212 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,704 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hey they didn't call it the Semiunited States. The idea that a state can up and leave because, say, 55 or 60 percent of the population of the state didn't like how the election turned out is laughable. This whole "30 years of losing rights" crap is a joke; it's only when a blue candidate wins that this stuff comes up. Get over it.

#213 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hey they didn't call it the Semiunited States. The idea that a state can up and leave because, say, 55 or 60 percent of the population of the state didn't like how the election turned out is laughable. This whole "30 years of losing rights" crap is a joke; it's only when a blue candidate wins that this stuff comes up. Get over it.

I bet there was a lot of secession talk in California when Bush won both times. The media just didn't want to cover it. Everyone dismisses the left wing nut jobs. But right wing nut jobs have to be pointed out.

#214 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,704 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Ah yes the media's fault, that's always a great fallback position. For example, when you know your candidate is going to win but the polls show otherwise.

#215 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Ah yes the media's fault, that's always a great fallback position. For example, when you know your candidate is going to win but the polls show otherwise.

I used to work for a newspaper. Have you ever worked for a media outlet before?

#216 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,704 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

I used to work in the printing industry, I had magazine, book and newspaper printers as my customers. Not that this has anything to do with your whining - if your analogy had any honesty, you would be complaining about how the liberal media took those nitwit liberal secession ideas seriously but honest conservative outrage was swept under the rug.

#217 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Now I'm whining? Okay.

There was a lot of backlash when Bush won a second term. A lot of "I'm gonna move to Canada" stuff from a lot of people.

#218 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,704 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Sean fuging Penn is not a lot of people

#219 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

i'm pretty sure that it wasn't close to 55/60% when it happened the first time. and it is over a century of losing rights. i think it's safe to say that this is a system is beyond repair with respect to the federal government protecting its citizens and their rights.

#220 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I bet there was a lot of secession talk in California when Bush won both times. The media just didn't want to cover it. Everyone dismisses the left wing nut jobs. But right wing nut jobs have to be pointed out.

the media definitely should've covered your blind guessing about secession talk in california...

#221 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

the media definitely should've covered your blind guessing about secession talk in california...

Okay, then, how much media coverage have you seen on the people who think 9/11 was a coverup? Compared to, say....the birthers?

#222 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,250 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I used to work in the printing industry, I had magazine, book and newspaper printers as my customers. Not that this has anything to do with your whining - if your analogy had any honesty, you would be complaining about how the liberal media took those nitwit liberal secession ideas seriously but honest conservative outrage was swept under the rug.

But have you covered a HS jv girls soccer team????

Total media bias...

#223 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Okay, then, how much media coverage have you seen on the people who think 9/11 was a coverup? Compared to, say....the birthers?

let me check my notes... my notes say that your leading questions, implying anecdotal evidence are completely worthless in a real conversation.

on a side note, do you think truthers are predominately left wing?

#224 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm saying I used to work for a newspaper. The news people are not only liberal, they are bleeding heart liberal. They sit around making snide comments about Republicans not only outside the workplace, but in the workplace as well. They seek out ways to present stories in a pro-left light, and if they can't, then anti-right light will do. God bless the Republican who gets caught with his pants down. He's getting the royal treatment.

I don't know what has formed your opinions of the media's slant on politics, but mine came from actual time served in a newsroom. But go ahead and post your snarky retorts. After all, we're the side that bases everything on "feelings, not facts." Not actual life experiences or anything like that.

#225 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm saying I used to work for a newspaper. The news people are not only liberal, they are bleeding heart liberal. They sit around making snide comments about Republicans not only outside the workplace, but in the workplace as well. They seek out ways to present stories in a pro-left light, and if they can't, then anti-right light will do. God bless the Republican who gets caught with his pants down. He's getting the royal treatment.

I don't know what has formed your opinions of the media's slant on politics, but mine came from actual time served in a newsroom. But go ahead and post your snarky retorts. After all, we're the side that bases everything on "feelings, not facts." Not actual life experiences or anything like that.

what news room?

the right has been whining about the media for decades. F*CKING DECADES. That's not to say there aren't liberal media orgs out there, just like there are conservative media orgs out there... but for you to hold up (what I assume) is a local paper... and say "this is the state of the media," is absurd.

I work in media... now, I disagree FUNDAMENTALLY with a lot of the content I work with... that doesn't mean I do a sh*t job of it, nor do I try to secretly insert messages into content. I'm very sorry you had/have a bad experience in your newsroom... But again, anecdotes don't mean sh*t.

Unfortunately, it is true that true conservative perspective is lacking severely in the media... but that is because thoughtful conservative analysis has nearly gone the way of the dodo. Know why? Do you know why Drudge report, Fox News, breitbart, rush et al do better than things like The Weekly Standard, The NRO or the CSM? Can you tell me? Because honestly, it's not a lack of media that's the problem... the problem seems to be the inability to digest objective information by the audience and a total intolerance for anything that doesn't reinforce their beliefs.

That doesn't exclude CNN and MSN etc from criticism... but the reality is, the news media isn't largely liberal OR conservative... it simply sucks balls... because that's what people consume and it's what people want... ball sucking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.