Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Citizens of multiple states create online petitions to secede from the US.

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#41 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

fascinatingly a significant portion of the people signing these things live in states that receive far more from the federal government than they produce in revenue, which is interesting considering their position astride the moral horse of not taking government handouts

also if half those states left they'd be third word countries, but i guess the good news is they'd get to keep the straws of pet institutions like guns and racism that they've been grasping at since reconstruction

Maybe the people who signed the petition DON'T WANT that federal assistance.

#42 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• LocationMissouri
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

They will if the Feds decide to take back, or have the states pay for any federally subsidized equipment or structures they have before they leave.

#43 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

yeah i'm sure the next time a hurricane hits everyone will eschew help in favor of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps

#44 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm pretty sure very few of the people who signed those petitions are down to fight to the death for their cause. But if a lot of them are, they should keep at it because there are plenty of trained men who stand by this country ready to provide them with the opportunity to die for their cause.

#45 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm pretty sure very few of the people who signed those petitions are down to fight to the death for their cause. But if a lot of them are, they should keep at it because there are plenty of trained men who stand by this country ready to provide them with the opportunity to die for their cause.

This is why people are signing these petitions.

#46 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Ahahaha. Awesome. Would love to see how some fake ass untrained idiot red necks react when facing fully trained killers. It would be a massacre.

#47 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yep. Pretty arrogant statement by Hoplopotamus.

#48 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

People signing petitions makes them willing to lay their lives on the line? I doubt this. If they are, they would just be slaughtered. It takes months to train an effective basic rifleman, and even if they somehow managed to convince even 1/3rd of our fighting men to join their side they would be still be massacred. Not to mention their "troops" would be behind the power curve. We've been fighting wars for over a decade; that means a whole bunch of us have a lot of experience actually fighting and not kicking up poo thinking we are badasses because we go shoot guns every week with our fat redneck friends. Regardless, I stand by my statement. They would killed en masse.

#49 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

People signing petitions makes them willing to lay their lives on the line? I doubt this. If they are, they would just be slaughtered. It takes months to train an effective basic rifleman, and even if they somehow managed to convince even 1/3rd of our fighting men to join their side they would be still be massacred. Not to mention their "troops" would be behind the power curve. We've been fighting wars for over a decade; that means a whole bunch of us have a lot of experience actually fighting and not kicking up poo thinking we are badasses because we go shoot guns every week with our fat redneck friends. Regardless, I stand by my statement. They would killed en masse.

You are assuming that some of the people who have signed this petition aren't ex military. If it takes a threat of force to make people stay in this union, then I don't want hear anymore of this BS about being the home of the free!

#50 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

You are assuming that some of the people who have signed this petition aren't ex military. If it takes a threat of force to make people stay in this union, then I don't want hear anymore of this BS about being the home of the free!

The threat of force has been the only thing keeping South Carolina in the US for the last 150 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users