Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Citizens of multiple states create online petitions to secede from the US.

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#106 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Wow, this has really escalated quickly.

#107 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm talking about the individuals, not the states as a whole, not the legislatures ... the individuals.

I am too. If those states have to reimburse the Feds for everything the feds subsidized, and/or replace everything the Feds take back, you think taxes are gonna drop for them?

#108 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

I am too. If those states have to reimburse the Feds for everything the feds subsidized, and/or replace everything the Feds take back, you think taxes are gonna drop for them?

It's called personal responsibility.

If the people didn't think that the government was there to bail them out, do you think that folks would be a little more prepared?

#109 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

If the people didn't think that the government was there to bail them out, do you think that folks would be a little more prepared?

So taxes only go to the government bailing people out?

#110 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I think you take a lot for granted, and thinking you know what really is going on in people's minds is quite arrogant.

to be fair, this shiat is quite cyclical and consistently stupid... regardless of who wins the elections.

#111 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,276 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

You are in the housing industry, no?

#112 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

allow me to go ahead and play this one out for you. housing industry bailed out. hypocrite!

only government decided to change the market to push bad lending practices, and then blamed those institutions after being compelled to lend said bad investments.

#113 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,276 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

It was greed that led to it. Greed on the lenders and the lendees.

They got bailed out. They gave incentives to buy homes.

But those welfare queens and their cellphones...

Lets secede!

#114 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Lets secede!

you are correct that it was greed that led to it. however, it was greed on capital hill for voting blocks rather than what you assert. were it merely greed done through lending practices, the market would have killed those institutions in short order. however, since the notion of "too big to fail" arose, bad lending practices continue today... we just think we can inflate the bubble indefinitely.

the discipline of failure will be on a national scale instead of an individual business scale. the failures of the few will bring us all down

#115 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

you are correct that it was greed that led to it. however, it was greed on capital hill for voting blocks rather than what you assert. were it merely greed done through lending practices, the market would have killed those institutions in short order

If by "the market would have killed those institutions in short order" you mean, "those institutions would have just bundled the bad loans into derivatives which could be sold off easily thanks to the AAA credit ratings given to them by the market" then yes

#116 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Lets secede!

It's both man. Why do you guys struggle to see this?

Without Freddie and Fannie, none of this could have happened. Meaning, without the federal government being involved in banking and housing, this would not have happened.

#117 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

You are in the housing industry, no?

Yup, and I would have preferred to not have any boom, and not have the bust that followed.

#118 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

If by "the market would have killed those institutions in short order" you mean, "those institutions would have just bundled the bad loans into derivatives which could be sold off easily thanks to the AAA credit ratings given to them by the market" then yes

okay... let's put it like this. did the creation of fannie and freddie predate said bad lending practices? no? where are those banking institutions now? THAT'S RIGHT! they don't EXIST anymore! after fannie and freddie? well we'll just use the public coffers, fiat currency, and future IOUs to cover that little snafu

#119 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

I think you take a lot for granted, and thinking you know what really is going on in people's minds is quite arrogant.

Wow, Rodeo arrogant, news at 11.

Meanwhile I'm still yet to hear an actual reason besides vague bullshit like "freedom" so the point still stands.

#120 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Wow, Rodeo arrogant, news at 11.

Meanwhile I'm still yet to hear an actual reason besides vague bullshit like "freedom" so the point still stands.

if freedom is bullshit to you, then perhaps you aren't paying attention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.