Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Should we give up on a QB 25 games into his career?

75 posts in this topic

Those who enjoy a hearty "I told you so" more than they do the good of the franchise would answer your question in the affirmative.

i wouldn't even consider giving up on Cam for the entirety of his rookie contract.

several great QB's didn't come into their own until their 3rd of 4th seasons, maybe more.

The new coaching staff is going to be so important next year. GM is going to have his hands full.

I don't think we should give up on Cam yet. It is obvious that he needs coaching to perfect excecution of the ball. He also must learn that "No Man Is An Island", and interact more with his team mates. In return, the team has to support their leader and do their job. I hope when the new GM is hired the necessary adjustment will be made to create a winning NFL franchise. I am really tired of wasting money on tickets to see a team that doesn't appear to have been coached or have a love for the game.

The fans don't run the team. So luckily the organization is going to see this thing through.

I dont know about that they did see we wanted black UNI's lol. Also ESPN gets their rumors from us too roflmao

Cam Newton has a W-L record of 8-17. Jamarcus Russell has a W-L record of 7-18.

don't give up on Cam. When he figures it out....... he'll be special.

It's just going to be a tough road until he does.

it's just one of those odd fugged up seasons, only way i can wrap my head around it. overall cam will be great, just not this year.

Here is a look at Alex Smith, #1 pick, similar to Cam situation, franchise a mess and coordinators...changed a couple times. Im not posting stats just win and losses. Look at the 49ers now, i hope it doesnt take us as long to put it together, but this is why you dont give up on your qb 25 games in.

4-12 2005

7-9 2006

5-11 2007

7-9 2008

8-8 2009

6-10 2010

13-3 2011

6-2-1 2012

look at the ups and down with mediocrity until they got the right coach to maximize Alex's strength. Everyone had called him a bust from day one. last year they were a special teams fumble away from the super bowl.

took them basically 6 years to get it rright and we expected it in 2. And lets be real we dont have a legendary franchise like San Fran, the pressure on them is even more then we have.

1 person likes this