Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Should we give up on a QB 25 games into his career?

75 posts in this topic

Cam should get that quote "tatted" on himself so it'll reminds him of these dumb@$$ Carolina Fans.

Big Cat would not approve.

Many of you forget that Cam is literally stuck in some crap offense that doesnt make sense fundamentally. Cam has barely any help. He'll be much better next year with a competant OC.

Big Cat would not approve.

I know. But maybe JR would let him bc some of our fans are such DA

Cam Newton has a W-L record of 8-17. Jamarcus Russell has a W-L record of 7-18.

LOL SEE GUYZ THEY ARE THE SAME PLAYER HURR HURR HURR

i guess i have missed it. haven't really been paying attention today. can't believe anyone worth taking seriously would be suggesting it.

Woah slow down there, I didn't say anything about them being taken seriously lol

1 person likes this

Woah slow down there, I didn't say anything about them being taken seriously lol

lol...

Of course, it's not like Armanti Edwards has been on the team and has wasted a roster spot that other DESERVING players could use. Nah, trade Cam.

Let's stop lying to ourselves, Cam sucks. He's terrible, is it a coincidence his best year was when his offensive line was playing well? I doubt it, is it a coincidence his best season was when we didn't run option the majority of the time? I doubt it.

Conclusion: Cam sucks, trade Cam.

You really have to dig deep to play the Armanti card in this thread. Brilliant reasoning by the way.

Most young QBs lose, most throw picks..... Cam is a work in progress.....like most. Biggest issue is people want to compare him to what HOF QBs are doing now.....instead of what they did above.

Remember the now infamous Jim Mora meltdown?

"Playoffs! Don't talk to me about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs!"

Yeah, we all know that presser don't we.

That was in 2001 and the team had just dropped to, I believe, 4-6 at the time with a previious season of 10-6. Also including a season previously including a 3-13 record.

The quarterback at the time? Payton Manning.

Does Cam deserver some critisizm? Sure he does. Am I ready to give up on him? Nah, I think I will ride this Cam thing out for a while.

It's all one players fault. It's not like the organization and staff is in disarray currently. People just need someone to blame and look to Cam because he's put front and center like a thanksgiving turkey.

Simple mindedness and the huddle, can't have one without the other.

So True.

If all we had was a coaching staff that knew how to manage a game, and make players on the team we have now, accountable, we would win alot of the close games instead of losing them and on our way to the play-offs. How many times have we had the lead in the 4th quarter, only to end up losing? We could potentially be 7-2 instead on 2-7.

And of course, why are we putting so much cap money into the backfield and not in our secondary?? Freakin ridiculous..

Cam would look alot better if we had a top organization and coaching staff.

49ers gave Alex smith what? 7 or 8 years? I think we can give Cam at least half that. His potential is there. Alex never had much potential after his 2nd season.

I don't know who's idea it was to go with the read option this year...Rivera , Chud....regardless both of these clowns are getting canned after this season maybe sooner...you can blame 100% on that as the reason for the shape the offense is in now....using some bogus junior high school offense....and now we run a majority of plays out of the shotgun with a poor offensive line...and we run 15-20 yd routes....and Cam running for his life...with 0 over the top speed on the outside

Honestly what do you guys expect or think is gonna happen to Cam this season with that kind of shitstorm? Oh ya and run the entire offense through him and not utilize our backfield...

Ya I'm a Cam defender. Why? Because he threw for 4000 yards as a rookie and rushed for 14 TDs in the same season. Give him a chance to thrive under a new front office and staff...

"Cam sucks...trade cam...not worth a number 1 pick"

Are you kidding me?? The guy is one man having to carry an offense that can't run the ball...can't block an OLB....and can't stretch the field..oh ya and has to pass to a guy like Armanti....

What did you think his chance of success was going to be?

4 people like this

Cam has no pocket presence this year. Last year he had a lot more. Has either lost confidence or playing like he is on drugs.

Our OL bad breakdowns, especially against about half our opponents are not helping him, but some QB's can buy time a heck of a lot better than Cam is doing this year. He is too intent on throwing the ball, finding an open receiver than even how close defenders are to him. He does not take opportunities to run sometimes when that would be the better option. He moves up into too many collapsing pockets.