NFL 1st round mock

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#46 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Yeah, kind of like how I was excited to bump my mock with Bruce Irvin going in the 1st.

If your so in the know tell us who our next GM will probably be ;)

#47 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Glennon before Barkley and Smith?

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,044 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Why wouldn't I want to increase my chances?

Son u got no chances

#49 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

mocks are meant to be mocked

#50 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

1. Kansas City Chiefs
Posted Image

Mike Glennon, QB
They need a qb, period, without a qb they cannot win. They take the best one in the draft and become an instant contender.

Glennon @ #1?

Posted Image

#51 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000087375

Some of y'all should do some reading before making dumb bets.

#52 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

I believe Julio Jones was expected to go around #10-15 also. Went 6th. I think Allen will go top 6. He will be an all-star, and look at how Jones has helped Atlanta. I wouldn't mind the pick.

It will definitely be QB, QB, Jarvis Jones in the top #3

If I thought he would be a Julio Jones I would be all in but I dont see him that way

#53 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Glennon is running a pro style/west coast offense with a fraction of the talent that Barkley and Smith have and is doing it extremely effectively. He also has the strongest arm in the class. Look...if Luck or RG3 were in this class then no..he's not the top QB. But I personally think that with this crop of QBs he is the best QB in the draft.

He is extremely accurate and probably throws it harder than anyone else in the class. If he was throwing to Marquise Lee, Robert Woods, or Tavon Austin...his numbers would be absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention how bad his offensive line sucks. At this point I don't see a QB going #1. I think it'll be a DL or OL but I could definitely see Glennon in the top 10.

Christian Ponder and Jake Locker went in the top 12 two years ago...IMO he is LIGHTYEARS ahead of where they were when they went to the league.

Bomani Jones ‏ @ bomani_jones

wouldn't surprise me RT @ SC_DougFarrar: Conf. call. Kiper says that Mike Glennon could be the first QB off the board.

This is being bumped for OP...and me. I said after the UNC game that it was looking more and more like Glennon was the #1 QB in the draft. It appears as though I will be proven correct. Verge said he'd go #1 and anytime you are the #1 QB you have a chance at going with the #1 pick.

#54 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,044 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Bomani Jones ‏ @ bomani_jones

wouldn't surprise me RT @ SC_DougFarrar: Conf. call. Kiper says that Mike Glennon could be the first QB off the board.

This is being bumped for OP...and me. I said after the UNC game that it was looking more and more like Glennon was the #1 QB in the draft. It appears as though I will be proven correct. Verge said he'd go #1 and anytime you are the #1 QB you have a chance at going with the #1 pick.

Lol at Kiper

#55 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Lol at Kiper

Not just Kiper...Dilfer said as much in November. The guy is for real and if he plays behind a good OL he's surgical with big time arm strength. The numbers he put up in two years with essentially one receiver that will ever see an NFL field were pretty amazing. If he had played with Marquise Lee, Robert Woods, Tavon Austin, Steadman Bailey his numbers would have been stupid. I think his receivers had 25 dropped passes in two games at one point this season....Still had a 58% completion percentage. Would have been closer to 65% if his receivers hadn't dropped balls.

#56 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,044 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Not just Kiper...Dilfer said as much in November. The guy is for real and if he plays behind a good OL he's surgical with big time arm strength. The numbers he put up in two years with essentially one receiver that will ever see an NFL field were pretty amazing. If he had played with Marquise Lee, Robert Woods, Tavon Austin, Steadman Bailey his numbers would have been stupid. I think his receivers had 25 dropped passes in two games at one point this season....Still had a 58% completion percentage. Would have been closer to 65% if his receivers hadn't dropped balls.

I can only see three QBs going in the third: Geno, Barkley, and Wilson.

#57 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

i think Glennon has a good chance at going in the 1st. size, arm and played in a pro system. also remember who also had TOB as a head at BC, and that will intrigue the NFL circle.Matt Ryan with a bigger arm.

#58 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

If I thought he would be a Julio Jones I would be all in but I dont see him that way

I think a problem is how bad the QB play at Cal plays into his stats. His bro Maynard was really bad this season. Allen reminds me of that type of receiver the second he catches the ball becomes a running back. Amazing vision post catch, sure hands, he's got the size and speed.

I personally would go for him if we're anywhere around 7-12 in the draft

#59 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

I think a problem is how bad the QB play at Cal plays into his stats. His bro Maynard was really bad this season. Allen reminds me of that type of receiver the second he catches the ball becomes a running back. Amazing vision post catch, sure hands, he's got the size and speed.

I personally would go for him if we're anywhere around 7-12 in the draft

if Star and Luke are gone, Im taking Keenan quick.he reminds me of a Dez Bryant with out the off the field issues. size, good hands, speed, vision, RB moves, good route runner, just a lot of good from this guy.

#60 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Can't say I hate it enough.....

WR in the first?

Much bigger needs.

Also I think Glennon goes in the first but #1 is a bit of a stretch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com