Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJTheGreat

Do you ever buy things just because Cam endorses it?

37 posts in this topic

I guess it's a matter of taste. To me, his style often looks like a cross between Bill Cosby and Mister Rogers.

Not just anyone can pull that off.

You literally made me lol. My friends use to pick at me and call me bill Cosby for the way I dressed. Hey I loved those sweaters lol

I think Cameron dresses like Carlton on Fresh Prince. And he pulls it off well. I also like the fact a young person is showing other young people its OK to wear suits and dress up when appropriate.

As far as buying things just cuz he endorses it? I havent bought any Under Armour or Gatorade.

4 people like this

Yea. I was in the store the other day getting something to drink, and I say to myself. "Powerade or Gatorade, powerade is cheaper but Cam endorses Gatorade. I guess i'll go with Gatorade." And of course I got the cool blue kind because its Carolina blue lol

1 person likes this

I'm waiting on Cam to endorse some flip flops or deck shoes. Or maybe a nice steering wheel cover for my wife's minivan. Maybe Nair will sign Cam Newton?

1 person likes this

I bought a Nokia Lumia 920, but I did that before I realized Cam was in the commercial.

the only things i've bought because other people i admire used it was bass guitars and strings. i was more trying to imitate the sound than anything.

aside from that...nope. seems pretty silly to me.

Tony Franklin??

Tony Franklin??

on my fretless with a little bit of effects...yeah. didn't go out and buy anything because of him, though. the firm was a pretty big inspiration for my early bass playing. probably still have some tony franklinish elements in my playing (not that i play very much at all anymore).

as far as equipment...probably geddy lee and chris squire were my main inspirations behind getting my rickenbacker and my string of choice for it has been whatever billy sheehan uses...i guess it's rotosound now but he's had others. loved the snarling dogs ones he had.

I have never in my life bought anything because of an endorsement but I do have guitars and amps because of who used them.

Gibson. Fender. Vox. Marshall.

Does Cam Newton endorse Trojan?

He endorses Magnum, my brand of choice prior to getting married and pounding the same ass for eternity.

1 person likes this