• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Cam isnt the majority, he's ALL the talk. Theres a difference. Who else would we discuss? Without him, thered be no need for this board. Most of the traffic is Cam based.

Is this your first year here? Were you not around for the Jimmy Clausen season? Was this forum empty?

There are currently 19 threads on the first page unrelated to the QB.

I'd say thats a little less than the usual over the years, but not by much.

#17 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Who is this Clausen you speak of?

And you didnt answer my question who else on our team is worth discussing?

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Who is this Clausen you speak of?

Should I bump the thousands of Clausen threads?

If you base your impression of the Panthers on the national media and not wins/losses/actual performances, then yes, I concede your point. As far as those who don't know any better know, it is a one man show.

I tend to hold people here to a bit higher standard though. Anyone who actually thinks the Panthers are a one man show either isn't paying attention or has an agenda.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,502 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

The QB has always been the majority of talk in this forum.

Why are you just discovering this now?

on every NFL forum, not just this one.

#20 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Zod create a Cam only board and watch this one collect dust.

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Why would I do that?

Did I make a Jake only forum? A Clausen only forum?

Why is Cam any different. All of those QBs were the majority of the talk

#22 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hint: cam is black and this thread = thinly veiled race baiting. Consider the source.

Why would I do that?

Did I make a Jake only forum? A Clausen only forum?

Why is Cam any different. All of those QBs were the majority of the talk

#23 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Cam is the talk bc he broke records as a rookie and he made the Pro Bowl as a rookie for a previous 2 win team. Add to that, he was a national title winner, Heisman, and #1 pick. Add to that his swag and superman gestures and making it look easy last year.

Bottom line is Cam is going to be all the talk. The QB usually is. I work with a ton of Steelers fans, and usually I dont pay any mind to them but they have made some good points about cam and the panthers this year.

1- We put a target on our backs by guaranteeing a Super Bowl win. No team in the NFL likes to hear that and we put the pressure on ourselves and a big target on our backs for other teams to prove us wrong, and they have.

2- Cam put too much pressure on himself. Last season was going to be tough to follow up, but he was going to try, and hes trying TOO hard. Typical sophomore slump where the league adjusts to you, but they think next season he will adjust to the league again and be dominant again.

3- Read option. They said that has destroyed us. Weve talked about this already many times.

4- New Coach - They think we need a coach that came will learn from and respect.

Its just Steeler fans, but they DO know football and to hear them say that Cam Newton will dominate the league in a few years was still music to my ears. He DOES need to grow up, but he will and he will def learn from this season. Just get used to Cam being all the talk from the media when it comes to the Panthers.

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,465 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

This section pretty much only consists of numerous alts trolling one after the other. Anything for traffic I suppose.

#25 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

TheRed those trolls know no one else on our team is worth trolling. Panthers are basically Cam and backup singers. I wouldnt get too emotinally attached to anyone on this roster not named Cam.

I never once said "why are people talking about our QB so much", I said who else is worth discussing? Apparently no one, as Zod nor anyone else has answered that question.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,178 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

This section pretty much only consists of numerous alts trolling one after the other. Anything for traffic I suppose.

even have one guy admitting he's someone that was banned using pretty much the same user name.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,178 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

TheRed those trolls know no one else on our team is worth trolling. Panthers are basically Cam and backup singers. I wouldnt get too emotinally attached to anyone on this roster not named Cam.

I never once said "why are people talking about our QB so much", I said who else is worth discussing? Apparently no one, as Zod nor anyone else has answered that question.

jake was also the most talked about member of the team in the forums.

the QB usually is the face of the franchise...good or bad.

clausen and moore were the topics of most conversations when they were playing.

not that unusual.

#28 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

I love the comic pages in the morning.

#29 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Maybe take a look at the other dozens of threads over the first two pages to see whats worth discussing? I really am having a hard time trying to figure out your end game with this thread.

Yes, we talk about Cam a lot, but no more than when previous QBs played poorly. And?

#30 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

jake was also the most talked about member of the team in the forums.

the QB usually is the face of the franchise...good or bad.

clausen and moore were the topics of most conversations when they were playing.

not that unusual.

None of those guys were all the tak though. We had other guys like Pep, Jenkins, Smitty, Double Trouble who got just as much if not more attention than those guys on the board. Now with Cam half those guys arent thought of. Cam has made our team a bunch of backup singers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com