36 replies to this topic

#1 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

An interesting article about the psyche of Greg Hardy. Not sure if it has been posted:

http://www.thepostga...meday-alter-ego

By now, opposing offenses realize they can't take the Carolina Panthers' defensive line for granted. They've seen the film, and they know that Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson have blossomed into one of the best defensive end tandems in the NFL.

What they may not realize is that when they are going up against the Panthers, they are actually facing a giant sea monster bent on destruction.
Every Sunday, Hardy transforms into an alter-ego he calls "Kraken," a name taken from the enormous mythological sea monster. He paints his face black, puts on back- or white-colored contact lenses and even affixes a piece of tape with the name "Kraken" over "Hardy" on the back of his jersey for pre-game warmups.
"The Kraken is a giant monster that just demolishes everything that moves," Hardy told the Charlotte Observer last year. "On Wednesday or Thursday, I go down in my subconscious. I find him, and I unlock the cage. About Saturday he usually comes out. Then he's always out on Sunday. I don't control him then. What he does when I'm not there, I don't know."
Hardy's alter-ego has served him well, as he has tallied 6.5 sacks through nine games this year, but it has also led to some embarrassing moments. Last year he forgot to take off the "Kraken" tape and was fined by the Panthers. A few weeks ago against the Redskins, Hardy's emotions got the best of him, and he yelled at his offensive teammates towards the end of the game.
The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Hardy has a few other eccentricities. He loves riding motorcycles and driving at high speeds, and he even posted a photo on Twitter that appeared to show him driving faster than 100 mph. But after a crash last year which resulted in a foot injury that sidelined him for most of the 2011 preseason, he ditched the motorcycle before the 2012 preseason.
"You think the guy’s a little off. Then you have a chance to talk to him and you realize, 'Oh yeah, this guy’s a little off,'" defensive tackle Dwan Edwards told the Observer. “It all kind of matches up between his personality and the stuff that he does."

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

"You think the guy’s a little off. Then you have a chance to talk to him and you realize, 'Oh yeah, this guy’s a little off,'" defensive tackle Dwan Edwards told the Observer. “It all kind of matches up between his personality and the stuff that he does."

LMAO

#3 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

I fully understand it

Posted Image

#4 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

"About Saturday he usually comes out. Then he's always out on Sunday. I don't control him then. What he does when I'm not there, I don't know."

I love this psycho lately. I hope he keeps showing up in games.

#5 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Just saw this browing thru the Yahoo front page... lol

Hardy is awesome.

#7 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Whenever somebody mentions the Kraken i think of Greg Kragen.

#8 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Stanley McClover (sp?) used to bark but was useless. At least GHB gets results with his weirdness.

#9 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Stanley McClover (sp?) used to bark but was useless. At least GHB gets results with his weirdness.

I don't care if the players run around wearing antlers in pink tutus singing christmas songs as long as they are playing hard and doing their jobs. Hardy is playing well above expectations... and I love it, plus he's firing up the other players.

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Reminds me of John Randle. He was bats--t crazy on the field (and off).

Hardy's actually improved a lot this season. He's really starting to show up. There was a time I thought he might just fade away.

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,704 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Here's a much better article that those quotes originate from :

http://www.charlotte...greg-hardy.html

#12 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,684 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

hardy is the best kind of nutcase

#13 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

I like Chuck better than CJ as a nickname for Charles Johnson.

#14 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,339 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

I officially take back all the crap I've talked about this guy. Hardy is an absolute nut case...and it's awesome haha...I go down in my subconscious and find him, unlock the cage.

Lol that is epic

#15 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

If only his talent level matched his inensity level...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's a Panther and think he can be special...

I'm just saying that, right now, I'm kinda unimpressed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com