Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone Explain to Me...

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why do the Petraeus and Allen situations discredit them as top officials?

How does having an affair effect their ability to do their jobs?

Why should this have any effect on their careers? and why should we care?

Because I sure as hell don't give two sh*ts

Posted · Report post

What if she threatened to come forward with the affair in exchange for the launch codes so she could give them to the Mayans.

Posted · Report post

Because...

If you cannot contain the simplest of human emotions/actions in your own life (there is a way of getting out of a marriage without cheating on your spouse) then you have no business being close to things that can have an effect on millions and millions of people...

Posted · Report post

It's about abuse of power, loss of trust, potential leaking of classified information... Things like that... If the reports I heard were accurate, he had her on site with him in Afghanistan for a year, which calls into question him using his command to harbor a mistress, while at the same time giving her access to Top Secret areas and inforamtion... The question of 'did she sleep her way into that information and access?' is a fair one to ask... Also, affairs are punishable under the UCMJ, but rarely cost careers... However, in this case Patraeus is in a very high profile, very sensitive position (also no longer subject to the UCMJ, but hence the investigation)... The timing of this is all a bit curious, particularly given his testimony that was set to take place, so there will be plenty of coverup theories... All in all, this is one big mess, from what should have been one of the most trusted individuals in the country... When you hold a position that important, you're held to a higher standard...
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

so he can no longer testify

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC' timestamp='1352822061' post='1997949']
It's about abuse of power, loss of trust, potential leaking of classified information... Things like that... If the reports I heard were accurate, he had her on site with him in Afghanistan for a year, which calls into question him using his command to harbor a mistress, while at the same time giving her access to Top Secret areas and inforamtion... The question of 'did she sleep her way into that information and access?' is a fair one to ask... Also, affairs are punishable under the UCMJ, but rarely cost careers... However, in this case Patraeus is in a very high profile, very sensitive position (also no longer subject to the UCMJ, but hence the investigation)... The timing of this is all a bit curious, particularly given his testimony that was set to take place, so there will be plenty of coverup theories... All in all, this is one big mess, from what should have been one of the most trusted individuals in the country... When you hold a position that important, you're held to a higher standard...
[/quote]

well put
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigfootsDick' timestamp='1352824889' post='1998022']
so he can no longer testify
[/quote]

He can, but now he'll have to be subpoenaed, and I'm sure the 'rules' will be different for what he'll be able to (or required to) answer...

Posted · Report post

I don't think it does, honestly. If cheating disqualified you from office, Obama is one of the only Presidents out of the past 30 years still qualified.

Posted · Report post

I'm having a difficult time following who was boning who.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rodeo' timestamp='1352835165' post='1998240']
I don't think it does, honestly. If cheating disqualified you from office, Obama is one of the only Presidents out of the past 30 years still qualified.
[/quote]

director of the CIA publicly sleeping with a journalist/author is a f*cking "no-no."
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

At least this time the mistresses are attractive.

Posted · Report post

...hello misogyny