79 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm on the flipside there.

I know when Bridges first came aboard, he was at right tackle. Don't remember for certain if he spent any time at guard during his last stint with us or not. Have a vague sense that he did, but I'd have to look it up.

bridges filled in for otah in '06 for most of the season and played most of the '07 at RG and even filled in for wahle a game or two that season. i think the line was better when he was at OG.

regardless, i think he's comfortable doing either RT or RG, bell, though....pretty much has just been at RT.

maybe if this was offseason i'd feel better about taking bell out of his more comfortable environment but midseason...ehh...

#47 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wasn't the Cardinals one of the worst offensive line's when he was playing on their squad...I mean I know its a team sport especially among the O-Line but ughhhhhh :startle:

He didn't actually play a game for them this year, he was put on IR in the preseason due to torn thumb ligaments.

#48 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,315 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I was the first to call this as soon as he was cut. Can't believe it's actually going to happen. It's sad that he'll instantly be better than any other option at RG.

#49 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Upgrade.

#50 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Stupor Bowl.

#51 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

bridges filled in for otah in '06 for most of the season and played most of the '07 at RG and even filled in for wahle a game or two that season. i think the line was better when he was at OG.

regardless, i think he's comfortable doing either RT or RG, bell, though....pretty much has just been at RT.

maybe if this was offseason i'd feel better about taking bell out of his more comfortable environment but midseason...ehh...

what...? otah was drafted in 2008

#52 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,911 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Good call, will be interesting to see where he lines up.

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,858 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yeah. It was pre-Otah.

I think Bridges was originally signed because Travelle Wharton went down. That was before Wharton was moved to guard.

#54 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,152 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Yeah. It was pre-Otah.

I think Bridges was originally signed because Travelle Wharton went down. That was before Wharton was moved to guard.

In 2008 our oline was Gross-Wharton-Kalil-Bridges-Otah. That was a good o-line and the year we had two 1100 yard backs. Bridges and Otah mashed people on the right side. They were both like 325 lbs.

#55 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

In 2008 our oline was Gross-Wharton-Kalil-Bridges-Otah. That was a good o-line and the year we had two 1100 yard backs. Bridges and Otah mashed people on the right side. They were both like 325 lbs.

2009 was the year we had 2 1100 yard backs...but anyway I can't remember who the RG was that year but he ended up with the Bucs. But Bridges is most deff an upgrade. Hell he's a better RG than piggy. Right now C and RG are big weaknesses. Like the move.

#56 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,858 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Pretty sure the starting Right Guard in 2008 was Keydrick Vincent.

#57 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

2009 was the year we had 2 1100 yard backs...but anyway I can't remember who the RG was that year but he ended up with the Bucs. But Bridges is most deff an upgrade. Hell he's a better RG than piggy. Right now C and RG are big weaknesses. Like the move.

Vincent

#58 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Pretty sure the starting Right Guard in 2008 was Keydrick Vincent.

I was just about to edit my post to say that. Wasn't he the starter in 09' also?

#59 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,858 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I was just about to edit my post to say that. Wasn't he the starter in 09' also?

I don't think so. My sense is that 2009 saw someone else in that spot but they weren't as good. Can't remember who it was though.

#60 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I believe Vincent played all of 09' at RG. I think MacB played some LG. I'm not 100% on that...I've slept since then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.