Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Cam afraid to be a leader because of how the media might react?

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

For instance if Cam had yelled to his line to get their poo together and protect him, ESPN and shitty radio shows like 'The Drive' would have exploded. A lot of you would have called him arrogant, self centered, etc. Cam is in a no win situation, if he just sits on the bench/bike and observes he's a guy who "quit" if he yells at his line/teammates then he's "arrogant".

Posted · Report post

I think they would praise him for it.

I would, as long as it's not done to the media.

Posted · Report post

no.

i think it's more because he doesn't think he's earned it....which he might have a point.

shouldn't stop him from stepping up and rousing the other players and taking on the role of motivator on and off the field. instead he's been needing it himself. it's up to him to change that.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have been thinking about this for a while now, kind of agree with you.

Posted · Report post

Look at what happened to Cutler when he yelled at a lineman.

Posted · Report post

I think it's to me for me to find another site to consume "dead time" until next year

Posted · Report post

Well he doesn't have to yell. At least not until it's clear they aren't getting the point. He could just tell them.

Having said that. I agree with Rayzor.

ETA: Also, he really shouldn't be listening to the media, nor should he give a fug about them.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1352844759' post='1998453']
no.

i think it's more because he doesn't think he's earned it....which he might have a point.

shouldn't stop him from stepping up and rousing the other players and taking on the role of motivator on and off the field. instead he's been needing it himself. it's up to him to change that.
[/quote]
Nice take.

Posted · Report post

I dnt see that

Posted · Report post

Certainly hope not.

Leaders who pay too much attention to what everybody is saying about them generally aren't very effective.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BBQ&Beer' timestamp='1352845276' post='1998471']
ETA: Also, he really shouldn't be listening to the media, nor should he give a fug about them.
[/quote]
this.

Posted · Report post

wow, has losing made us dumber? these threads and theories are worse than our record. I doubt any player on the sideline during a game is thinking about how the media will react to their actions. is this just more unnecessary excuses being made for our QB?
1 person likes this