Photo
- - - - -

Is Cam afraid to be a leader because of how the media might react?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

ETA: Also, he really shouldn't be listening to the media, nor should he give a fug about them.

this.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

wow, has losing made us dumber? these threads and theories are worse than our record. I doubt any player on the sideline during a game is thinking about how the media will react to their actions. is this just more unnecessary excuses being made for our QB?

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

wow, has losing made us dumber? these threads and theories are worse than our record. I doubt any player on the sideline during a game is thinking about how the media will react to their actions. is this just more unnecessary excuses being made for our QB?

Kinda odd how Cam has now put on a "act" because the media went on a rampage about them. He certainly does pay attention what the medis says.

#14 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I think they would praise him for it.

I would, as long as it's not done to the media.

bullshit. You know better than that. Guys like Rodgers and Brady can get away with it. Not Cam.

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Exactly X10

#16 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Kinda odd how Cam has now put on a "act" because the media went on a rampage about them. He certainly does pay attention what the medis says.

if this is true, that is a red flag. He does not have to put on an act, he just needs to act like a professional QB. If he has to "act" to try to do this, then he might be in the wrong profession.

#17 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Being a leader is more than chewing out an underperforming unit. It's looking at film on the bench, it's rallying the team when we're down, it's going over and patting every single offensive linemen when they have a great drive. I've seen none of that out of Newton. So until he does stuff like that...he doesn't deserve to chew anyone out.

This is honestly one of the easiest things that a QB can do...be a cheerleader in a way..Petyon is great at it, Brady, Rodgers, Ben...they all do it every single game. Cam sits on his own end of the bench and maybe its the TV coverage but I rarely see him "rallying the troops." IMO it is the single most disappointing thing about Cam Newton as a QB. Quite frankly....it pisses me off that he thinks he doesn't need to do it.

I will say this though..I think it's a product of the Rivera culture. If any QB around the league needs the mentorship of a guy like John Gruden or Bill Cowher it is this guy. He has GOT to have someone in that locker room shake him and make him realize that being a QB is not just about being a great talent. If he doesn't change it he will become the next Michael Vick and will never win anything of substance...and unfortunately we'll ride him to the ground.

#18 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Exactly X10

Of course you agree madhatter, you haven't trusted Cam since day one. One of the many who spewed hate of the thought of even drafting him.

Sit down.

#19 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Being a leader is more than chewing out an underperforming unit. It's looking at film on the bench, it's rallying the team when we're down, it's going over and patting every single offensive linemen when they have a great drive. I've seen none of that out of Newton. So until he does stuff like that...he doesn't deserve to chew anyone out.

This is honestly one of the easiest things that a QB can do...be a cheerleader in a way..Petyon is great at it, Brady, Rodgers, Ben...they all do it every single game. Cam sits on his own end of the bench and maybe its the TV coverage but I rarely see him "rallying the troops." IMO it is the single most disappointing thing about Cam Newton as a QB. Quite frankly....it pisses me off that he thinks he doesn't need to do it.

I will say this though..I think it's a product of the Rivera culture. If any QB around the league needs the mentorship of a guy like John Gruden or Bill Cowher it is this guy. He has GOT to have someone in that locker room shake him and make him realize that being a QB is not just about being a great talent. If he doesn't change it he will become the next Michael Vick and will never win anything of substance...and unfortunately we'll ride him to the ground.

good post.

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

To be fair, I personally will be wiping Cam's slate clean with a new staff in here, hopefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users