Photo
- - - - -

Is Cam afraid to be a leader because of how the media might react?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,911 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

I think Cam couldn't give a f#ck about the media.

#32 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

every day that guy posts i find a new reason why he got banned over at an inferior site.

Great so we get to deal with their exiled twits

#33 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I don't think Cam is scared of anything. After the first few weeks of this season he even admitted he learned a lot about the media. It cannot get any worse than that IMO.

He just needs to start having fun.

#34 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,404 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Being a leader is more than chewing out an underperforming unit. It's looking at film on the bench, it's rallying the team when we're down, it's going over and patting every single offensive linemen when they have a great drive. I've seen none of that out of Newton. So until he does stuff like that...he doesn't deserve to chew anyone out.

This is honestly one of the easiest things that a QB can do...be a cheerleader in a way..Petyon is great at it, Brady, Rodgers, Ben...they all do it every single game. Cam sits on his own end of the bench and maybe its the TV coverage but I rarely see him "rallying the troops." IMO it is the single most disappointing thing about Cam Newton as a QB. Quite frankly....it pisses me off that he thinks he doesn't need to do it.

I will say this though..I think it's a product of the Rivera culture. If any QB around the league needs the mentorship of a guy like John Gruden or Bill Cowher it is this guy. He has GOT to have someone in that locker room shake him and make him realize that being a QB is not just about being a great talent. If he doesn't change it he will become the next Michael Vick and will never win anything of substance...and unfortunately we'll ride him to the ground.

AMEN.

Cam doesn't even do the little things that every leader should do.

I love Cam's ability, and potential, but it'll take more than that for him to be the qb/leader the Panthers need him to be.

#35 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

How do you lead without experience? Cam becoming a leader won't instantly change things. He has a lot to learn too. Just because teams are so desperate for QB talent these days that they have to start 21 year olds doesn't mean it makes sense to expect them to lead the entire offense. That's what the coaches are supposed to be for. Cam isn't afraid of the media. He doesn't have the experience to lead a bunch of veterans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.