Photo
- - - - -

Who's puts the 'offensive' in 'offensive line'?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,717 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Bad though they may be, I don't buy the idea that the Panthers OL unit is the worst in the league right now.

So if asked to name a unit that's worse, who would you suggest?

Follow up: On the Panther front, who's putting on the worst performance of the bunch?

#2 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Eagles definitely have the worst O-Line

#3 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

arizona's had by far the worst offensive line since the season has started.

they make every other line in the league look like hall of famers and probowlers.

#4 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Maybe Eagles....

But it is close. There aren't holes regardless of how we run. They can't pass protect.

Do the people think Philly is hands down worse really think we open up holes better for our run game?

#5 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Amini is bad.....bad bad

#6 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

It never fails on every play run or pass Amini or Olsen will get raped or run around lost

#7 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Amini sucks. Another second round pick by Hurney that is a bust. This man played Div 2-A and we drafted him in second round. I don't know why they keep drafting projects high. He has shown no improvement. You need quality starters to consistenly come out of rounds 1-3.

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Amini is bad.....bad bad

he's a rookie starting on the OL,

except for a very few among even the very elite, they all look like they are on roller skates.

they get better in year two and three.

last year everyone was screaming about bell sucking. he did, but he was a rookie.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

he's a rookie starting on the OL,

except for a very few among even the very elite, they all look like they are on roller skates.

they get better in year two and three.

last year everyone was screaming about bell sucking. he did, but he was a rookie.

Which exactly why we shouldn't have released Wharton. Wharton was sketchy in pass pro, but he was one hell of a run blocker.

#10 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Arizona, and thats about it

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,769 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

https://www.profootb...week-10-update/

#12 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Which exactly why we shouldn't have released Wharton. Wharton was sketchy in pasd pro, but he wss one hell of a run blocker.

Don't think we ever intended for Wharton to leave but he was being paid LT money and would not restructure. Now he is making less money than he would have if he would have restructured and is on IR.

#13 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

https://www.profootb...week-10-update/

But Tony says Cam gets good protection.

It's obvious that the people at PFF just don't know football.

#14 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Glenn > Amini

I didn't understand if we wanted line in the 2nd round why we would reach so bad for a guy like amini...Glenn was a proven mauler out of the SEC...a devourer of grown ass men in the SEC

Nah we went with a d 2 guy who threw around kids weighing 200 lbs

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Which exactly why we shouldn't have released Wharton. Wharton was sketchy in pass pro, but he was one hell of a run blocker.

how much time does he have left?

amini may not be great...at least not yet, but he's definitely good enough to start. i can put up with one year of him considering the potential and natural talent he has.

we wouldn't have drafted amini if we had kept wharton.

the problem with starting so many youths is that we struggle early on. it flat out sucks when we are a fanbase with so little patience to begin with and then this being the 4th(?) losing season in a row. the good thing is, though, is that they won't stay rookies forever. these guys have a lot to build on and the most valuable thing that can be given to them to help them grow is experience which is what they are getting. that doesn't always work out, but you can tell how a player is going to be when put in that situation. it's not all on the field that it's seen. a lot of it is how they grow and learn from their experiences and the work they put in. with mcclain and i guess fua last year we saw guys that couldn't handle the job. mcclain got the boot and is now with his third team this year. fua is a rotational guy. bell kept his job, not because of how good he was last year, but because of how much he grew.

that's going to be amini next year.

the question is do you keep an average (at best) OG for the last couple years of his career, or do you move forward and allow a potential perennial stud a year to find his feet at the beginning of his career?

i like moving forward, myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.