Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lockplz

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

By the way, I don't think it's a Duke thing. I think it's an ACC thing. That's why they get hammered by Big East teams in the tournament when there aren't ACC refs.

Yeah I saw Zeller do it more than a few times last year, but let's be honest here. It's coached and encouraged by K. They have to incorporate this to the Duke game plan because they simply can not run, and can not bang with the more athletic, physical teams in the country and ACC.

FACTS.

Posted · Report post

My room mate who is a Duke "fan" was thumping his chest about "whooping Kentucky's ass" on Tuesday night.

"But they are the defending National Champs!!"

Yeah, the school is the defending champion, but nobody those upperclassmen played against were. LOL.

This is exactly the type of team I expect K to do well with for the most part. No stars. A bunch of coachable players who will have to result to flopping and relegated to playing a half court game.

Oh yeah, and YOU DO NOT HAVE A PG.

But we've seen what can happen when duke matches up against a quicker, more athletic, and to be blunt a team of ballers.

I expect Duke to be around the top 3 in the ACC this year and then lose when they run into a more athletic team in the tournament.

Y'all Dookies can try and dissect this and call me a TarHole but what I've said is FACT.

You have a right to your opinion but it doesn't make it facts. We actually have some athletes and we don't have to play a half court game, we can run if we want.

We don't have a PG? Cook had 9 assists last night and is averaging 8ppg, and 5apg for the season all while splitting time with Thornton. Cook is only a sophomore and is still learning he will get better as the season goes along just like the UK players.

Posted · Report post

Yeah I saw Zeller do it more than a few times last year, but let's be honest here. It's coached and encouraged by K. They have to incorporate this to the Duke game plan because they simply can not run, and can not bang with the more athletic, physical teams in the country and ACC.

FACTS.

That is an idiotic statement, coach K does teach how to take a charge but to say he coaches his players to flop is moronic. I mean do you think roy taught Hansbrough and Zeller the art of the flop, because they were damn good at it.

Posted · Report post

The whole flopping thing is a bullshit argument. If you want to stop getting called for charging. Learn how to dribble the ball. You don't see good ball handlers getting called for charging. AI, CP3, Deron Williams, Kobe, Mano, Wade, Lebron and a lot of other good ball handlers. Never get called for it because they can dribble the ball with their heads up. Looking at whats in front of them. There are moves like the euro step, the cross over, and the drop step that help you not commit a charge. If players would practice on their ball handling instead of trying to get by on athletic ability alone then this would not be a problem.

So coach Cal stop bitching and teach your players how to dribble with their heads up.

Posted · Report post

My room mate who is a Duke "fan" was thumping his chest about "whooping Kentucky's ass" on Tuesday night.

"But they are the defending National Champs!!"

Yeah, the school is the defending champion, but nobody those upperclassmen played against were. LOL.

This is exactly the type of team I expect K to do well with for the most part. No stars. A bunch of coachable players who will have to result to flopping and relegated to playing a half court game.

Oh yeah, and YOU DO NOT HAVE A PG.

But we've seen what can happen when duke matches up against a quicker, more athletic, and to be blunt a team of ballers.

I expect Duke to be around the top 3 in the ACC this year and then lose when they run into a more athletic team in the tournament.

Y'all Dookies can try and dissect this and call me a TarHole but what I've said is FACT.

Yeah, about that. Quinn Cook MVP of the tourney!!!!

Posted · Report post

Yeah cook has been playing well.

Congrats on winning your November tournament!

Posted · Report post

Yeah cook has been playing well.

Congrats on winning your November tournament!

Thanks, the object is to win games right?

Posted · Report post

Congrats on winning the mau... Oh wait nevermind

Posted · Report post

The whole flopping thing is a bullshit argument. If you want to stop getting called for charging. Learn how to dribble the ball. You don't see good ball handlers getting called for charging. AI, CP3, Deron Williams, Kobe, Mano, Wade, Lebron and a lot of other good ball handlers. Never get called for it because they can dribble the ball with their heads up. Looking at whats in front of them. There are moves like the euro step, the cross over, and the drop step that help you not commit a charge. If players would practice on their ball handling instead of trying to get by on athletic ability alone then this would not be a problem.

So coach Cal stop bitching and teach your players how to dribble with their heads up.

I don't mind when Archie Goodwin drives one against three and they call the charge. I expect that. It's when Alex Poythress gets a foul at the top of the key trying to lean around the defender to make a pass and the guy flops. Honestly, I think that's the call that got under Cal's skin and why he said that. It was 30 seconds before halftime.

Posted · Report post

I don't mind when Archie Goodwin drives one against three and they call the charge. I expect that. It's when Alex Poythress gets a foul at the top of the key trying to lean around the defender to make a pass and the guy flops. Honestly, I think that's the call that got under Cal's skin and why he said that. It was 30 seconds before halftime.

That word lean means that was the player who created contact. Which will go against you everytime. You can't lean around a defender infront of you. You're leaning to create space which is a foul.

Posted · Report post

That word lean means that was the player who created contact. Which will go against you everytime. You can't lean around a defender infront of you. You're leaning to create space which is a foul.

It's still a flop, dude. He had picked up his dribble and had a defender wrapped around him. When you fall to the floor because of some guy's arm at the top of the key, that's pussy defense and everyone but Duke fans seem to know it.

Posted · Report post

It's still a flop, dude. He had picked up his dribble and had a defender wrapped around him. When you fall to the floor because of some guy's arm at the top of the key, that's pussy defense and everyone but Duke fans seem to know it.

It's not pussy defense, it's good defense. If the defender is in position and the offensive player tries to create space it's a foul. Other teams do the same thing it means they are well coached. I mean you said yourself the UK player tried to create space with his arm, that is an offensive foul no matter what.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments