Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Stop charging, haters gonna hate.

#17 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

1. Glad Cal said that. He kind of backed off afterward but he got people talking about it. It needs to be removed from the game because you have idiots who slide over in front of a penetrator and fall down. Refs aren't athletic enough to see who was set and who wasn't so it's totally arbitrary as to how they'll call it, and at this point they usually give it to Duke the same way umps gave Maddox the outside strike. They need to amend the rule.

2. UK played that game without their only true point guard. Polson did great against Maryland but I don't even know if he would start at Eastern Kentucky. Point guard is our Achilles Heel this year. Gonna keep us from making the Final Four, I'm afraid. We'll be top five at the end of the year though, because we have three really good players in Noel, Poythress and Goodwin.

3. Duke always seems to get up for these games, then play like crap against the Lehighs of the world. We'll see if they are different this year. Would love to see Plumlee go against that seven footer at Maryland.

Len should be improved but last season he didn't show much. In the 1st meeting he had 2 blocks and two points. while the Plumlees combined for 30 pts and 16 rebounds

In their 2nd meeting Len had 4 points and 7 rebounds while the Plumlees combined for 29 points and 32 rebounds.

#18 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Bunch of soft bitches who just fall down at the mere idea of contact, it's a joke.

You say soft, I say smart. Duke rarely out athlete's a team. Hell even Lehigh was a more athletic team then Duke last year. So you do things WITHIN the rules to even the playing field. There is nothing illegal about the way they play defense. Until there is you can either A) suck my dick, or B) continue to whine. Either way it makes you look like a bitch. Speaking in generalities (sp) of course, not calling you yourself out.

#19 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

It's a shitty rule. Do you like watching soccer?

#20 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

You say soft, I say smart. Duke rarely out athlete's a team. Hell even Lehigh was a more athletic team then Duke last year. So you do things WITHIN the rules to even the playing field. There is nothing illegal about the way they play defense. Until there is you can either A) suck my dick, or B) continue to whine. Either way it makes you look like a bitch. Speaking in generalities (sp) of course, not calling you yourself out.

Hahahaha this fuging idiot ^

#21 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

#22 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hahahaha this fuging idiot ^

haters gonna hate. GO DEVILS!!!

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Does Noel look under control? No, a charge is a control foul and when you are out of control you are going to be charged with the foul. Stop the bitching selling the contact happens with every team.

Attached Files

• Attached File  noel.jpg   91.04KB   14 downloads

#24 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Calipari is clueless. Plenty Duke players are in the NBA and they take charges there as well. Calipari isn't entirely unfamiliar with the NBA. He was a poor 72-112 as a coach for the Nets and is mostly remembered for calling a reporter a 'fuging mexican idiot'.

Stay classy.

#25 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Calipari said what everyone who isn't a Duke fan has known for 20 years. They sell it, it works for them, and I don't blame them I blame the refs. I just think when kids slide in front of somebody who is taking it to the basket it detracts from the game. It reminds me of a line from the movie A Christmas Story...

Randy laid there like a slug, it was his only defense.

#26 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

927-291. Pretty good defense. Go all J tim and cry me a river.

#27 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Calipari said what everyone who isn't a Duke fan has known for 20 years. They sell it, it works for them, and I don't blame them I blame the refs. I just think when kids slide in front of somebody who is taking it to the basket it detracts from the game. It reminds me of a line from the movie A Christmas Story...

Randy laid there like a slug, it was his only defense.

You don't like the rule? I don't like flopping but there is a difference between flopping and taking a charge. Flopping is when there is little to no contact and you throw yourself to the floor like you have been hit by a truck. Has Duke had floppers? Yes, Paulus comes to mind. Has unc had floppers? Yes, Hansbrough and Zeller come to mind. It happens everywhere and it's something we have to deal with.

#28 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

But but but dook is chetahs

#29 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

You don't like the rule? I don't like flopping but there is a difference between flopping and taking a charge. Flopping is when there is little to no contact and you throw yourself to the floor like you have been hit by a truck. Has Duke had floppers? Yes, Paulus comes to mind. Has unc had floppers? Yes, Hansbrough and Zeller come to mind. It happens everywhere and it's something we have to deal with.

I don't like players who fall down upon contact. That's crap. Man up and try to stop somebody yourself without relying on referees. If a guy comes into the lane like a bull in a china shop then yes, holding your ground while getting trucked is acceptable. But when some white kid slides over to draw a foul on a future first round draft pick, it's pretty easy to see what's going on. Duke is abusing the rule and the spirit of the rule. Have been for years. On twitter, writers who hate Calipari were taking up for his comment and giving him hell for backing off of them after the game.

#30 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

sounds like its time to put in the charge lane under the rim like in the nba. Nevertheless, I hope duke gets put in our bracket in march. Duke took advantage of our freshmen and I can't blame them for that. But that d is not gonna play against a vet team or even uk in march.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com