Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shed being built today

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Excited for my shed to be built today. 10x16 with an 8 foot sidewall.

Anyone build one out with shelves and such? Looking for ideas. Will be used for all the typical stuff, tools, work bench, etc.

I screwed bicycle hooks into startegic places in the ceiling to hang my vicitims.....errrrr I mean larger tools/weedeaters and such. Seems to help keep the place less cluttered.

Posted

Are you running electricity to it? I need one...

Yep, thats next week. A few outlets and an overhead light.

Posted

Run electricity to it. If you don't do it you will find yourself needing it.

Yeah thats a must. miter saw, table saw, battery chargers. All that crap has to be out in the shed.

Posted

My lot in Tega Cay, as most lots in Tega Cay, does not allow for a shed. Sucks.

Posted

Yeah thats a must. miter saw, table saw, battery chargers. All that crap has to be out in the shed.

You might be better putting a subpanel out there rather than just a circuit or 2, doubt youd want to have to go inside should the 1 breaker trip....

Posted

We've got a ground-up 10x16...

My biggest piece of advice is to go ahead and seal it up as best you can, while letting the roof vent stay open for circulation. I've killed several black widows in ours the past couple years, and that is something you don't want your boys being around.

Another thing to look for is our builder was kinda careless when putting the outer boarding on, and missed the studs pretty bad in places (he then re-nailed into the studs, but left all his misses)... I had to cut off a lot of nails on the inside...

Posted

We've got a ground-up 10x16...

My biggest piece of advice is to go ahead and seal it up as best you can, while letting the roof vent stay open for circulation. I've killed several black widows in ours the past couple years, and that is something you don't want your boys being around.

Another thing to look for is our builder was kinda careless when putting the outer boarding on, and missed the studs pretty bad in places (he then re-nailed into the studs, but left all his misses)... I had to cut off a lot of nails on the inside...

Just got the heebie jeebies....how does one prevent the spiders?

Posted

Just got the heebie jeebies....how does one prevent the spiders?

I think mine get in around the doors... so I'm going to put in some weatherstripping, etc this winter.

Also, any little crack and crevice will need to be filled to totally prevent them... My shed is in a partially wooded plot, so that doesn't help... If Zod's is going to be in an open, yard-type area, they won't be as bad either...

You can also spral thresholds and such with Ortho or a comparable insect spray... that will help some too...

Posted

Or, call John Goodman...

Posted

I would build a shed then a year later raze bc of spiders

Posted

Spiders make me scream in a very high pitched voice

Posted

Lol if you don't want spiders just bomb the place out every month or so.

1 person likes this