Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shed being built today

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Excited for my shed to be built today. 10x16 with an 8 foot sidewall.

Anyone build one out with shelves and such? Looking for ideas. Will be used for all the typical stuff, tools, work bench, etc.

Mini fridge.

Posted

Must have disco ball

Posted

Perhaps your wife could get into "Shedscaping"

Posted

I built a 16'x24' a few years back. Its 1/2 my tools & 1/2 my mancave, unfortunately my wife thinks its 1/2 her storage... I ran electricity, satellite, phone & network out there. Got the whole thing from Builders Discount in Elizabeth City, about $4k plus concrete & my labor. It servers me well, have 2 tables of poker comfortably, 7 TVs for my viewing pleasure and I can still pull out my table saw when needed....

Added a 6'x8' & a 3'x'8' sheds off the backside for yard tools, dont need that clutter inside...

did you say 7 tvs?

Posted

go to Lowes or whereever it is you go and they have seven and a half million different accessories to help you get the most of the space in that shed....hooks and shelves, all sorts of fancy wall mounts etc.

One thing I have learned...doesn't matter how big you build it, you are guaranteed to run out of room!

Posted

did you say 7 tvs?

Yes I did.. Theyre only the old CRT kind, all are hooked to only 2 Directv SD receivers. I pace when I watch football and I dont like to miss anything regardless of which way Im facing. I built shelves hangin from the joists to secure them up, the 32"s are a bitch to lift 6' up, but I only had to do it twice...

All the TVs were gifted, and I did all the wiring myself, both power & low volt wiring. Got a full surround sound inside, 2 in-ceiling speakers under the soffit and a pair of rocks out in teh yard. Got a projector & screen I aquired, just havent hooked them up yet. Going to get them so theyre easily put up & down outside. Watch movies or a night game with teh image projected on the side of my garage...

Mini fridge.

Oh no, full size.. it holds more beer.....

Posted

Yes I did.. Theyre only the old CRT kind, all are hooked to only 2 Directv SD receivers. I pace when I watch football and I dont like to miss anything regardless of which way Im facing. I built shelves hangin from the joists to secure them up, the 32"s are a bitch to lift 6' up, but I only had to do it twice...

All the TVs were gifted, and I did all the wiring myself, both power & low volt wiring. Got a full surround sound inside, 2 in-ceiling speakers under the soffit and a pair of rocks out in teh yard. Got a projector & screen I aquired, just havent hooked them up yet. Going to get them so theyre easily put up & down outside. Watch movies or a night game with teh image projected on the side of my garage...

Oh no, full size.. it holds more beer.....

damn dude.

Posted

i want one of these for my man cave. alas it's way down the project list...and budget list...

http://www.modern-shed.com/pricing.aspx

Posted

i want one of these for my man cave. alas it's way down the project list...and budget list...

http://www.modern-sh...om/pricing.aspx

You can save yourself some loot, DIY....

http://www.buildersdiscount.net/