Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killing peaceful secessionists

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

since it has become a topic of recent discussion, i'd like an honest headcount of what service members would be fine with killing peaceful american citizens wishing to constitutionally opt out of the american government en masse by way of secesion.

say we had a number of states stretching from nc down to texas and southward looking to secede and start over with an amicble split. if the current commander in chief (or any future one for that matter) ordered an unprovoked attack to protect the union, would there be any hesitation?

it has been purported by a few that there would be no hesitation and that it would be wholesale slaughter until opposition was sufficiently suppressed. do these few represent the majority of our servicemen and women?

Posted · Report post

I don't want NC to secede so I will punch anyone that tries.

Down with terrorists!

'merica!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

so you'd punch me? and if i hit back? how many would you punch? where is the line if no one acquiesces?

Posted · Report post

Your key word is 'peaceful'... I would not raise arms against any peaceful individuals...

Posted · Report post

Just a note that if it were the libruhls wanting to secede they would be quickly labeled by conservative nut jobs as traitors.

Posted · Report post

You'd probably see an agreement to give liberals California/New York and let them have it.

Posted · Report post

First of all, none of this is going to happen. Some who didn't like the election results are just venting, and it will be mostly forgotten except by a few nutjobs in a few months. This isn't 1861, not by a long shot.

That being said, I would definitely be willing to fight against someone who would take up arms against the US as things stand now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1352904222' post='1999259']
so you'd punch me? and if i hit back? how many would you punch? where is the line if no one acquiesces?
[/quote]

What about those in the state who do not want to secede?

Posted · Report post

If you are peacefully seceding than what is stopping everyone else from ignoring you?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1352906732' post='1999312']
What about those in the state who do not want to secede?
[/quote]

assuming that the secession movement is peaceful, they can stay or leave as they choose. if it is to the point of secesion, then they would be a small enough minority unable to sway the majority otherwise. no violence. simply an option presented of stay and bear with a new republic, or leave for the known of the old republic.

an option for a peaceful secession does not preclude an amicable break-up. simply a parting of ways for irreconcilable differences

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1352907277' post='1999318']
assuming that the secession movement is peaceful, they can stay or leave as they choose. if it is to the point of secesion, then they would be a small enough minority unable to sway the majority otherwise. no violence. simply an option presented of stay and bear with a new republic, or leave for the known of the old republic.

an option for a peaceful secession does not preclude an amicable break-up. simply a parting of ways for irreconcilable differences
[/quote]

So those loyal to the United States would have to leave. But when countered with why don't you leave if you hate it here so much I hear a lot of posturing and excuses.

Interesting.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1352904786' post='1999276']
Just a note that if it were the libruhls wanting to secede they would be quickly labeled by conservative nut jobs as traitors.
[/quote]

i've yet to hear anyone decry new york's petition for secession as "nutcase" by right wing radio. when kerry lost, even limbaugh had no issues with them leaving. i get the impression that he'd have no issue with liberal states wanting to do so wholesale. he'd certainly carry on with usual snark as do his liberal counterparts, but he struck me as the kind of guy to say "the hell with them".