Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killing peaceful secessionists

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II' timestamp='1352906303' post='1999303']
First of all, none of this is going to happen. Some who didn't like the election results are just venting, and it will be mostly forgotten except by a few nutjobs in a few months. This isn't 1861, not by a long shot.

That being said, I would definitely be willing to fight against someone who would take up arms against the US as things stand now.
[/quote]

He said PEACEFUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Seriously though, do we need 2 secession topics? I realize you guys are having fun with your stupid hypothetical situations, but I think 1 thread is enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1352907393' post='1999320']
So those loyal to the United States would have to leave. But when countered with why don't you leave if you hate it here so much I hear a lot of posturing and excuses.

Interesting.
[/quote]

leaving would be as easy as a 10 hour move if you were so inclined in the worst case scenarios. as of right now, leaving for a republic espousing ideals held by the constitution or a close variant thereof is virtually nonexistent these days. moving to a democratic socialist regime would be infinitely easier by comparison. again, the option to move would likely be far easier than moving to canada or mexico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_Lover' timestamp='1352907713' post='1999338']

He said PEACEFUL
[/quote]


It cannot be peaceful.

If 51% are for secession what are we to do with the other 49%? Are you going to make them leave? Are they not still citizens of the United States?

If you want to pretend then I will impale every fuging terrorist/secessionist with poison tipped unicorn horns.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_Lover' timestamp='1352907713' post='1999338']

He said PEACEFUL
[/quote]


If you believe that the US Government would allow Ft Bragg, Ft Hood, or any other military installation to fall into the hands of a foreign government you are completely insane.

It would not be peaceful. No how no way.

If the secessionists were "peaceful" then they would not be successful.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1352907999' post='1999352']

leaving would be as easy as a 10 hour move if you were so inclined in the worst case scenarios. as of right now, leaving for a republic espousing ideals held by the constitution or a close variant thereof is virtually nonexistent these days. moving to a democratic socialist regime would be infinitely easier by comparison. again, the option to move would likely be far easier than moving to canada or mexico
[/quote]
I'm thinking we can set up a reservation system for those that want to secede. We can ship them there and they can live off the land and fend for themselves.

We can put a fence up to make sure secessionists don't illegally come into our country. Make them pay tariffs. All sorts of fun stuff.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_Lover' timestamp='1352907713' post='1999338']

He said PEACEFUL
[/quote]

If they want to sit in their front yard and sing Kumbayah all day long, then no one is going to bother them anyway, because they would be largely irrelevant. But if there were to be an active successful sucessionist movement, then it couldn't be peaceful. As the others are saying, there is no such thing as a peaceful successful secessionist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1352908031' post='1999353']


It cannot be peaceful.

If 51% are for secession what are we to do with the other 49%? Are you going to make them leave? Are they not still citizens of the United States?

If you want to pretend then I will impale every fuging terrorist/secessionist with poison tipped unicorn horns.
[/quote]

again, if secession was a reality, then it wouldn't be anything close to a 50-50 split (hence the severe improbability). such a circumstance would only exist with a 10% minority at best with the likelihood of mass migrations across borders both ways. there could even be resources dedicated for both nations for relocation purposes as real estate agents would love the boons to their businesses.

i realize you are trying hard to reject the premise to derail the intent of the OP, but the fact of the matter is that this notion has gained steam in the past decade. it certainly isn't a reality now, but it could become much closer to one as the dollar tanks with runaway inflation in the coming decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II' timestamp='1352908554' post='1999371']

If they want to sit in their front yard and sing Kumbayah all day long, then no one is going to bother them anyway, because they would be largely irrelevant. But if there were to be an active successful sucessionist movement, then it couldn't be peaceful. As the others are saying, there is no such thing as a peaceful successful secessionist.
[/quote]

i beg to differ. if someone objects to paying taxes on the grounds of the unconstitutionality of federal expenditure of funds, they get jail time. there is no such thing as an optional tax where the government sees fit to impose its will.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1352908596' post='1999373']

again, if secession was a reality, then it wouldn't be anything close to a 50-50 split (hence the severe improbability). such a circumstance would only exist with a 10% minority at best with the likelihood of mass migrations across borders both ways. there could even be resources dedicated for both nations for relocation purposes as real estate agents would love the boons to their businesses.

[b]i realize you are trying hard to reject the premise to derail the intent of the OP[/b], but the fact of the matter is that this notion has gained steam in the past decade. it certainly isn't a reality now, but it could become much closer to one as the dollar tanks with runaway inflation in the coming decades.
[/quote]

Your premise is wrong, dont complain when people correct you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1352907999' post='1999352']

leaving would be as easy as a 10 hour move if you were so inclined in the worst case scenarios. as of right now, leaving for a republic espousing ideals held by the constitution or a close variant thereof is virtually nonexistent these days. moving to a democratic socialist regime would be infinitely easier by comparison. again, the option to move would likely be far easier than moving to canada or mexico
[/quote]


And this new government is going to buy my property and pay my moving expenses? For that matter since half of the population of the states in question may well be dead set against this and could constitute a mass exodus I guess this new government is going to have to pay me a whole lot more so that I can afford a home in the new, smaller, and vastly overcrowded USA.


I mean you did say peaceful.

Otherwise you are going to have a helluva fight on your hands when you try to take half of the populations homes without reasonable recompense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thatlookseasy' timestamp='1352907258' post='1999317']
If you are peacefully seceding than what is stopping everyone else from ignoring you?
[/quote]

government wants its "revenues"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites