Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killing peaceful secessionists

78 posts in this topic

Posted

i think it's less probable that an order would be given for such a thing... i find it more probable that it could happen on its own... hell, it happened at kent state... i don't think nixon gave that order...

edit: inimicus beat me to it.

Agreed, once you infuse tension and emotion into the situation, all bets are off and things like KSU happen...

Posted

I saw the topic of using military force against fellow Americans discussed briefly in the other thread, and it seems not many are aware of Oath Keepers, or I may have not saw it in the few posts I looked over.

So, there's that if you weren't already aware of it. I support Oath Keepers, but I don't support idiots claiming they want to secede from the union... Regardless, this will not reach the level that force of any kind needs to be used... It will blow over without any major problems.

Like I said, it's really an empty gesture.

Posted

Nance, maybe you can answer this. Is there a standard number of soldiers in a company?

In 1970 three companies of the Ohio Nat Guard were deployed at Kent State. Of them 77 soldiers claimed to have fired their weapons on the protesters.

While not a perfectly analogous situation it might prove as a jumping off point for the question of how many servicemen would fire on unarmed US citizens.

Only ones I would worry about were the borderline retarded ones that went into service because they had no other options.

Posted

NVM

Posted

So those loyal to the United States would have to leave. But when countered with why don't you leave if you hate it here so much I hear a lot of posturing and excuses.

Interesting.

Feels kind of funny to be on the other side of this, no?

Posted