Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

killing peaceful secessionists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#25 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Your premise is wrong, dont complain when people correct you

explain to me where my own hypothetical is wrong

#26 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

And this new government is going to buy my property and pay my moving expenses? For that matter since half of the population of the states in question may well be dead set against this and could constitute a mass exodus I guess this new government is going to have to pay me a whole lot more so that I can afford a home in the new, smaller, and vastly overcrowded USA.

I mean you did say peaceful.

Otherwise you are going to have a helluva fight on your hands when you try to take half of the populations homes without reasonable recompense.

again, as stated before. not a 50-50 split within the seceeding states.

#27 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

It cannot be peaceful.

If 51% are for secession what are we to do with the other 49%? Are you going to make them leave? Are they not still citizens of the United States?

If you want to pretend then I will impale every fuging terrorist/secessionist with poison tipped unicorn horns.

I'm not arguing for (or against) any of the movement ... just reiterating what the OP posted.

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

i beg to differ. if someone objects to paying taxes on the grounds of the unconstitutionality of federal expenditure of funds, they get jail time. there is no such thing as an optional tax where the government sees fit to impose its will.

No one goes to jail for objecting to paying taxes on whatever grounds they present. You are free to object to paying them, as long as you pay them. They go to jail because they don't pay taxes, and that is against the law, has nothing to do with seccession.

#29 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

If you believe that the US Government would allow Ft Bragg, Ft Hood, or any other military installation to fall into the hands of a foreign government you are completely insane.

It would not be peaceful. No how no way.

If the secessionists were "peaceful" then they would not be successful.

you talk as if the people of the federal government exist to serve the government. if this is indeed a "united states" surely the land is rented and not owned by the federal government?

#30 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Just a note that if it were the libruhls wanting to secede they would be quickly labeled by conservative nut jobs as traitors.

Nah, but there would be a long line of volunteers to help with the packing of bags

#31 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

No one goes to jail for objecting to paying taxes on whatever grounds they present. You are free to object to paying them, as long as you pay them. They go to jail because they don't pay taxes, and that is against the law, has nothing to do with seccession.

way to dodge the intent of the response in favor of verbal gymnastics. you stated that no one would bother secessionists if they simply went about their way. i gave an example of otherwise. care to duck again or take a real swipe at it?

#32 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

f*cking hippies.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I love the whiny babies republicans. We can't fix the 'merica we destroyed under Bush 2 and now we want out...can we keep all this infrastructure?

#34 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

i love the assertion that i am/was pro-bush. you love to label what you refuse to understand as a catch-all enemy. especially to try and divert from the proposed topic at hand when you are clearly on the losing end of a logical exercise.

btw - just where do you think the federal government got all of its resources to build said infrastructure?

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

You keep changing the topic to suit your discussion.

How can it be peaceful if people do not want to secede?

Well, uh, it's a majority.

So 51-49&?

No, um, like, at least 80%.

So what happens to those 20%?

Ugh, they can stay under the new flag or leave....all peaceful btw.

This makes no sense. You are just making up weird scenarios and complain when anyone points out the fallacy in your topic.

librul!

#36 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

you asked a reasonable question hinting at the threshold necessary for peaceful secession to be viable. i responded. you cried.

care to answer the prior response or would you like to try and change the discussion again yourself?