Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gutter Guard/ LeafGuard for the house

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm having a guy from LeafGuard come out to the house tonight for a quote. Anybody use these guys? Is there a better system out there? I hate ladders and falling off of them, therefore I am contemplating installing some sort of gutter barrier system. I use my gutters for Christmas lights, I assume you can still hang clips with a leaf guard system on?

Posted · Report post

I bought these cheap as hell and snapped them on myself

[url="http://www.lowes.com/pd_179782-205-86279BX_0__?productId=3284630&Ntt=gutter+lowes&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dgutter%2Blowes&facetInfo="]http://www.lowes.com...owes&facetInfo=[/url]

And they work great.

I don't think they're christmas light compatible. However there are ones you can buy at lowes or HD that have hinges on them that would allow you to clip christmas lights under them.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sir Jase' timestamp='1352903561' post='1999229']
I bought these cheap as hell and snapped them on myself

[url="http://www.lowes.com/pd_179782-205-86279BX_0__?productId=3284630&Ntt=gutter+lowes&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dgutter%2Blowes&facetInfo="]http://www.lowes.com...owes&facetInfo=[/url]

And they work great.

I don't think they're christmas light compatible. However there are ones you can buy at lowes or HD that have hinges on them that would allow you to clip christmas lights under them.
[/quote]

Hmmm. Never thought about the DIY route.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1352903305' post='1999223']
I'm having a guy from LeafGuard come out to the house tonight for a quote. Anybody use these guys? Is there a better system out there? I hate ladders and falling off of them, therefore I am contemplating installing some sort of gutter barrier system. I use my gutters for Christmas lights, I assume you can still hang clips with a leaf guard system on?
[/quote]

Get ready to be butt raped. LeafGuard is freaking expensive. And they will tell you that you need new (larger) downspouts too, which add to cost.

Posted · Report post

The linked ones are brown because I have a brown roof and it blends right in.

I've seen them in white, almond and metallic as well.

They'll fit standard gutters but if you have fancy architectural gutters, it's probably best left to the professionals.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='catfang' timestamp='1352903747' post='1999234']
Get ready to be butt raped. LeafGuard is freaking expensive. And they will tell you that you need new (larger) downspouts too, which add to cost.
[/quote]

Larger downspouts? Are they trying to say that their covered gutters are catching more water than uncovered gutters?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='catfang' timestamp='1352903747' post='1999234']

[/quote]

I was curious because they wouldn't discuss price over the phone. They have to come out to demo the product and evaluate my needs. They can shove the larger downspouts up their ass.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I used these guys...

[url="http://www.gutterhelmetpiedmont.com/"]http://www.gutterhelmetpiedmont.com/[/url]

They were less expensive than gutter guard.

and am very happy after 5 years. Not one clog and I have about 50 tall trees on my property.

They guarantee for life or they will come out and clean them themselves.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1352904078' post='1999255']
I used these guys...

[url="http://www.gutterhelmetpiedmont.com/"]http://www.gutterhelmetpiedmont.com/[/url]

They were less expensive than gutter guard.

and am very happy after 5 years. Not one clog and I have about 50 tall trees on my property.

They guarantee for life or they will come out and clean them themselves.
[/quote]

Thanks. I will be requesting a quote from these guys as well.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sir Jase' timestamp='1352903898' post='1999245']

Larger downspouts? Are they trying to say that their covered gutters are catching more water than uncovered gutters?
[/quote]

Thats what they told my dad.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sir Jase' timestamp='1352903898' post='1999245']

[/quote]
[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1352903970' post='1999249']
I was curious because they wouldn't discuss price over the phone. They have to come out to demo the product and evaluate my needs. They can shove the larger downspouts up their ass.
[/quote]

I think they roll out all new gutters, not just the topper thingy, and I think they gutters are larger than regular ones.

Posted · Report post

We had ours removed because they were a pain in the ass. Rusted, falling off etc. We didn't install them so no idea if they were any good.

We have a guy come out and clean the gutters now once or twice a year at $100 a pop.

I would be curious to see what they quote. Someone was telling me it might be $3k+ for our house.

Posted · Report post

I want to say ours was 1600, 2 story house

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1352913760' post='1999529']
I want to say ours was 1600, 2 story house
[/quote]

I gave Gutter Helmet your name as the person who recommended them to me. You might be getting a free tune up.

Posted · Report post

people up in here have too much disposable money...paying someone to build a shed, paying someone to install gutter guards and someone to clean the gutters?

the shed is a maybe because I know that if Zod is too busy to post pictures of Kara, he's too busy to build a shed...but the gutters and stuff...man...that's quick easy work
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1352914346' post='1999550']
I gave Gutter Helmet your name as the person who recommended them to me. You might be getting a free tune up.
[/quote]

word thanks

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hawk' timestamp='1352915606' post='1999595']
but the gutters and stuff...man...that's quick easy work
[/quote]

not on a two story house with a deck and gazeebo to get around. I am not out to break my neck over some leaves.

Posted · Report post

nor would we want you to...and don't get me wrong...there's plenty of things I would sooner pay to get done as well...gutters just don't fall onto that list...but we all have our tolerances!

Posted · Report post

I have a gambrel roof, so all of my gutters are low. Was still a pain cleaning them every week from october to april.

(I have large oaks that lose their leaves throughout winter, FML)

The snap-on guards were perfect for me.

Posted · Report post

gazebo?

Posted · Report post

It's right next to his aviary.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hawk' timestamp='1352916304' post='1999614']
nor would we want you to...and don't get me wrong...there's plenty of things I would sooner pay to get done as well...gutters just don't fall onto that list...but we all have our tolerances!
[/quote]

I don't tolerate falling very well. I do everything else at my house but climbing an extension ladder to clean gutters is not one if them.

Posted · Report post

I've only been in a gazebo once in my life. Strangely enough it was in Las Vegas at a drive thru wedding chapel. We were out there for a friends wedding and they had this gazebo outside. There were like 50 couples in wedding gear hanging out waiting to get the call to get married. I was drunk and full from stuffing my face at the Bellagio buffet. Good times.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hawk' timestamp='1352916304' post='1999614']
[/quote]

So basically your calling Zod a p*ssy?

Posted · Report post

lol...no...just saying it's a sign that for some, the economic downturn is at least improving!!!