Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stock Market

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Seems the stock market started heading down last month and cannot seem to find a bottom.

All you financial guys, any clue where the bottom will be? I have heard as much as a 20% adjustment

Posted

next support is 1330.

I have a feeling we'll float up all december, then back down again in january when all of the fiscal cliff stuff comes to a head.

QEinfinity will probably keep it from being too bad.

Posted

infinity. :lol:

i tend to agree. how dc tackles the cliff will send signals to wall st. its open enrollment now for most companies so im sure they have built in adjustments to be safe without knowing who the prez was going to be. except for maybe GE. *snark*

i dont think housing and job reports the next 2 months are going to be any good at all.

Posted

So, are we going under 10k?

Posted

oh no question we go under 10. when and for how long is the question.

Posted

Are lots of people selling off to avoid higher taxes, capital gains and stuff or is it just the economy sucking heading forward?

Posted

well it is year end and there is talk about taxes going up. some are doing that/locking in profit. some are dumping all their dividend earning stocks or moving funds elsewhere.

Posted

stock market is a joke! used to day trade.....and figured it out fairly quickly....crooks making a killing

Posted

why would you get out of something you figured out?

i also use to day trade. its more algorithm and proprietary software now more than anything else. too many quants and market makers out there.

Posted

why would you get out of something you figured out?

This.

Unless by figured out you mean "lost all your money", which, by the intelligence level all your posts exude, wouldn't surprise me.

Posted

Guess the doctoring of jobless numbers is now over after the election. Todays numbers will not make Wall Street happy

Posted

remember tho. i will always say this. buy on bad news. sell on good.