HAHAHA fug YOU SQUID YOU SCUMBAG

#2 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

The allegations include “knowing fraudulence or misconduct” on an SAT exam by a player on the 2007-08 team.

The report does not include allegations of lack of institutional control

The wording of the report seems to indicate the player in question only competed during the 2007-08 season and specifically the 2008 NCAA tournament.

The only player on the roster who competed only during that season was Derrick Rose

Calipari... is not named in the report, but the NCAA has requested his presence at the hearing.

So, it appears Derrick Rose cheated on his SAT's in high school... who's got the pitchforks and torches??

#3 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

Damn a second final four vacated, must be some kind of record.

#4 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

Here is what we know for sure about John Calipari according to John Calipari...

-His star play at UMass is hooked up with an agent...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-His players have houses full of furs, jewlery, and hundreds of dollars to throw at strippers...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-He allowed more agents into his practices at Memphis even AFTER the Camby incident...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-He has the most notorious street agent in America securing recruits for him...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-One of his star players cheated on his entrance exams...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

So from this we can assume one of the following:

A. John Calipari is the dumbest human being on the planet earth.

B. John Calipari is about as ethically upstanding as Don King.

C. John Calipari is a liar.

D. Both B and C

Posted Image

#5 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

Here is what we know for sure about John Calipari according to John Calipari...

-His star play at UMass is hooked up with an agent...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-His players have houses full of furs, jewlery, and hundreds of dollars to throw at strippers...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-He allowed more agents into his practices at Memphis even AFTER the Camby incident...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-He has the most notorious street agent in America securing recruits for him...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

-One of his star players cheated on his entrance exams...BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW.

So from this we can assume one of the following:

A. John Calipari is the dumbest human being on the planet earth.

B. John Calipari is about as ethically upstanding as Don King.

C. John Calipari is a liar.

D. Both B and C

Posted Image

I would have to say D....but he didnt know

#6 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

If this is proven to be true, then I hope they penalize Calipari along with Memphis, because you know that he had to know that what all was going on.

#7 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

That a kid allegedly cheated on his SAT's while in high school? Really? Y'all must think coaches are omnipotent or something

#8 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

I am going D as well...This is a recipe for a perfect storm conspiracy in the NCAA!!!

#9 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

Why did they put Calipari's name in the headlines? UK put out a release this morning saying that the NCAA has cleared Calipari in this, and that he was forthcoming about it when they interviewed him.

As far as the opening poster's list of things Calipari "didn't know" about, that poo goes on at most college programs. Sorry to be the one to tell you. John Wooden is one of the most honest coaches ever (once described as "so square he's divisible by four" by the great columnist Jim Murray), yet there was a booster who for years lavished Wooden's players with the kinds of things the OP describes.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

STATEMENT FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY:
First and foremost, there are no NCAA allegations against UK Head Men's Basketball Coach John Calipari. Coach Calipari was forthcoming with the University of Kentucky during the hiring process about any issues under investigation at the University of Memphis at that time.

It is normal procedure for the NCAA to ask a former coach to participate in a hearing. Therefore, Coach Calipari will participate as requested.

Coach John Calipari has received a letter from the NCAA stating that he is not at risk of being charged with any NCAA violations in this case.
This is a University of Memphis issue and the University of Kentucky will not comment any further.

JOHN CALIPARI:
"Even though I'm not at risk, I will fully cooperate with the NCAA hearing. Beyond that, I concur with the statement from the University of Kentucky and will have no further comment."

#11 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

I mean does it really surprise any of us that this happened. OR that he won't be punished? Do you know how much it would KILL college basketball if Calipari was punished AT UK?? I mean what can they do to him anyways?? You can't punish the school he is currently at because of what he did at his last school. Still...Knowingly admitting players who have cheated on entrance exams, paying for advisors to be flown around, paying people up front if they come to your school (which also happens), giving people's family members "jobs" or "internships." All of that stuff is illegal and he did all of the above...

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:05 AM

Larry Brown gave Danny Manning's dad a job on his staff. Won him a championship at Kansas.

Roy Williams was implicated in paying players when he left Kansas.

Rick Pitino has avoided any scandals involving his program, but is currently involved in a doozy where he paid his former equipment manager's wife to have an abortion.

It's not Calipari's fault that Rose cheated on his SAT to become eligible and I would bet you there are hundreds if not thousands of instances where players have done this over the years. Rose probably only got caught because some bitter Memphis alum knew about it and turned him in.

We have a system where high school kids now have to play one year of college ball before they can be drafted. Do you think maybe this encourages kids who otherwise have no desire to be on a college campus to cheat? Instead of using this as a way to go after Calipari, why don't we look at what the rule encourages a lot of athletes to do?

#13 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

If you sling enough poo at the wall, some of it is bound to stick, but that doesn't mean it isn't poo... :lol:

#14 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

I cannot wait to see what comes of this story, and who squeels on one another.

Calimari and UK is a match made in HELL, slimy scumbag of a coach, with a dirty cheating school.

Wonder what other violations the squid will bring to pUKe.

Coach Twitter picked the wrong week to pick a fight with Pat Forde. In less than 48 hours he is squarely in the bullseye. Hollywood couldn't script it any better.

#15 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

I mean does it really surprise any of us that this happened. OR that he won't be punished? Do you know how much it would KILL college basketball if Calipari was punished AT UK?? I mean what can they do to him anyways?? You can't punish the school he is currently at because of what he did at his last school. Still...Knowingly admitting players who have cheated on entrance exams, paying for advisors to be flown around, paying people up front if they come to your school (which also happens), giving people's family members "jobs" or "internships." All of that stuff is illegal and he did all of the above...

I have to disagree to a degree here. Kentucky didn't do anything wrong on the surface, but the fact is they knew about this allegations when they went after Cal. He knew about them in Jan. Maybe he isnt responsible at all, but it's hard to believe a Coach who is so involved in his recruiting wouldn't catch wind of this.

To take it a step further, Bledsoe is considered a stretch to be eligable this year, then all the sudden he signs with Kentucky and he passes his SATs, I mean we all saw the press conference, Bledsoe seems like a nice kid, but he can hardly talk.

The facts are wherever Cal has been he has left at just the right time. Everthing he has accomplished has been removed or will be. He will be the first coach in NCAA history to make it to two seperate final fours with two different teams and have the records vacated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.