Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calipari, Memphis facing major allegations

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If you sling enough poo at the wall, some of it is bound to stick, but that doesn't mean it isn't poo... :lol:

Posted · Report post

I cannot wait to see what comes of this story, and who squeels on one another.

Calimari and UK is a match made in HELL, slimy scumbag of a coach, with a dirty cheating school.

Wonder what other violations the squid will bring to pUKe.

Coach Twitter picked the wrong week to pick a fight with Pat Forde. In less than 48 hours he is squarely in the bullseye. Hollywood couldn't script it any better.

Posted · Report post

I mean does it really surprise any of us that this happened. OR that he won't be punished? Do you know how much it would KILL college basketball if Calipari was punished AT UK?? I mean what can they do to him anyways?? You can't punish the school he is currently at because of what he did at his last school. Still...Knowingly admitting players who have cheated on entrance exams, paying for advisors to be flown around, paying people up front if they come to your school (which also happens), giving people's family members "jobs" or "internships." All of that stuff is illegal and he did all of the above...

I have to disagree to a degree here. Kentucky didn't do anything wrong on the surface, but the fact is they knew about this allegations when they went after Cal. He knew about them in Jan. Maybe he isnt responsible at all, but it's hard to believe a Coach who is so involved in his recruiting wouldn't catch wind of this.

To take it a step further, Bledsoe is considered a stretch to be eligable this year, then all the sudden he signs with Kentucky and he passes his SATs, I mean we all saw the press conference, Bledsoe seems like a nice kid, but he can hardly talk.

The facts are wherever Cal has been he has left at just the right time. Everthing he has accomplished has been removed or will be. He will be the first coach in NCAA history to make it to two seperate final fours with two different teams and have the records vacated.

Posted · Report post

Calipari left UMass just when the situation came to a boil, and they had to vacate a Final Four because of it. Now, it comes out that he left Memphis just when the situation was heating up, and they will have to vacate a Final Four because of actions which happened ON HIS WATCH. Remember this: A LEOPARD DOES NOT CHANGE HIS SPOTS. Or, a tiger doesn't change his stripes, a wildcat can't change his...ignorance?

Posted · Report post

Coach John Calipari has received a letter from the NCAA stating that he is not at risk of being charged with any NCAA violations in this case.

Derrick Rose cheated on his SATs or ACTs, whichever it was, so he could play one year of college basketball because that is the new rule. The rule is a joke. A complete joke. It's the NCAA saying "look at us, standing up for the kids", when in fact you are just allowing players to come to college campuses for one year who don't give a squirt of frog piss about academics.

Posted · Report post

Thought you guys might like this quote.

Luther Topps, who coached Rose’s club basketball team with Derrick’s brother Reggie, has been aware of the NCAA investigation for three weeks. According to Topps, the NCAA threatened to revoke former Simeon player Tim Flowers college eligibility if Flowers didn’t agree to an interview.

‘‘Tim told me the NCAA kept bothering him,’’ Topps said. ‘‘That if he didn’t talk they were going to take away his eligibility. [The NCAA] thinks that [former Simeon player Kevin Johnson] took [the SAT test] for him.’’

Simeon coach Robert Smith declined to comment on the situation.

‘‘[smith and I] didn’t know anything about his test,’’ Topps said. ‘‘Reggie moved me and him out of the way long before that, as soon as the money got involved.''

Posted · Report post

Thought you guys might like this quote.

Luther Topps, who coached Rose’s club basketball team with Derrick’s brother Reggie, has been aware of the NCAA investigation for three weeks. According to Topps, the NCAA threatened to revoke former Simeon player Tim Flowers college eligibility if Flowers didn’t agree to an interview.

‘‘Tim told me the NCAA kept bothering him,’’ Topps said. ‘‘That if he didn’t talk they were going to take away his eligibility. [The NCAA] thinks that [former Simeon player Kevin Johnson] took [the SAT test] for him.’’

Simeon coach Robert Smith declined to comment on the situation.

‘‘[smith and I] didn’t know anything about his test,’’ Topps said. ‘‘Reggie moved me and him out of the way long before that, as soon as the money got involved.''

Then why did the NCAA come out and say Calipari was not part of the allegations?

Posted · Report post

Then why did the NCAA come out and say Calipari was not part of the allegations?

The story has just begun, no telling what Memphis has on the squid and if they wanna take him down with them.

Pat Forde will obviously do everything he can to dig up some dirt on the squid.

When is UK going to realize that cheating/hiring cheaters is wrong?

Posted · Report post

The story has just begun, no telling what Memphis has on the squid and if they wanna take him down with them.

Pat Forde will obviously do everything he can to dig up some dirt on the squid.

When is UK going to realize that cheating/hiring cheaters is wrong?

Name me a school that doesn't have baggage. UK wouldn't have hired him had they known this was going to happen, obviously. But still, the NCAA has stated to Calipari that he is in no danger of being hit with sanctions. It's just guilt by association.

Little history for you....Forde is in Pitino's back pocket. He never wrote a negative word about UK while Pitino was there. He brought Louisville down by writing about players driving around in nice cars there.

He hasn't touched the current Pitino scandal. He has come out against Calipari from the beginning. Why? Because Pitino HATES Calipari.

Pitino doesn't want Calipari at UK for obvious reasons. The last remaining bit of his legacy there is in danger.

Wouldn't surprise me if coaches all know little bits of stuff on each other and Pitino doesn't funnel everything he hears about Calipari to Forde.

Posted · Report post

Legacy in danger? lol? What is there to be afraid of, a cheater who might get a Final Four only to have it vacated a few years later?

Damn, you should check out your home at the catsmenopause, the meltdown is pretty funny.

Posted · Report post

Legacy in danger? lol? What is there to be afraid of, a cheater who might get a Final Four only to have it vacated a few years later?

Damn, you should check out your home at the catsmenopause, the meltdown is pretty funny.

And you should shampoo my crotch.

Posted · Report post

And you should shampoo my crotch.

cool_story_bro.jpg