Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Success of Chip Kelly. The New Old School

121 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='megadeth078' timestamp='1352942197' post='2000083']
If you can win games in the PAC-10, you have what it takes to be an NFL coach?
[/quote]

[img]http://sfist.com/attachments/SFist_Brock/49ersWrapupFootball_chun.jpg[/img]
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1352942329' post='2000085']

Obviously.

That's like the NFL Lite.
[/quote]so what exactly do you have against college coaches other than Steve spurrier? Saban wasn't even that bad and peterinos just an idiot

Posted · Report post

[quote name='megadeth078' timestamp='1352942197' post='2000083']
If you can win games in the PAC-10, you have what it takes to be an NFL coach?
[/quote]

[img]http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/files/2012/10/20121028_seahawks048small-600x399.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

[img]http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4977071/135745722_extra_large_medium.jpg[/img]

The real question, can NFL coaches, coach in the PAC?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers04100' timestamp='1352942647' post='2000097']
so what exactly do you have against college coaches other than Steve spurrier? Saban wasn't even that bad and peterinos just an idiot
[/quote]

They rarely succeed in the NFL.

Carroll had 15 years of NFL experience before Seattle. He also ran a real offense at USC.

Harbaugh has just working his way to the NFL, everyone knew that's where he would wind up, he also ran a pro offense.

Schiano is half way thru his first season, too early to judge.

Posted · Report post

Over time I am beginning to love the idea of Chip Kelly, Bwood has been saying it for quite sometime. He is really something at Oregon and I believe he would be a fantastic NFL head coach, I say bring em in I'm on the bandwagon now

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bullethead527' timestamp='1352943253' post='2000109']
[img]http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4977071/135745722_extra_large_medium.jpg[/img]

The real question, can NFL coaches, coach in the PAC?
[/quote]

He's doing good on the recruiting end. Next year will be telling if UCLA is going in the right direction.

The good news is it should be perfect timing if Cam flakes out to grab Hundley in 2016 (JOKE)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1352943736' post='2000122']
They rarely succeed in the NFL.

[/quote]
Most coaches don't succeed in the NFL regardless of origin. Being an NFL head coach is really, really tough.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Personally I don't care where they come from if the can get the job done, I'm just very skeptical about college coaches using us as their test run. If they've coached in the NFL before I feel better about it, but to me Kelly looks to be the proto-typical college coach who runs a gimmick offense that just won't succeed at the NFL level.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It probably wouldn't work in the NFL. But as someone else said, Chip Kelly is smart enough to realize this. He would have to incorporate some of what he does at Oregon into a NFL offense. I believe he can do this.

Posted · Report post

Kelly's offense (unlike Chud's) runs the ball with his RBs very effectively...and they aren't gimmicky runs. They are well blocked runs. If it came down to another coordinator or Chip Kelly then I'd take Kelly. HC experience matters...especially with this QB.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I dont know much about him other than a few articles posted here. Would Kelly take an OC position or straight to HC, no questions asked?