Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Success of Chip Kelly. The New Old School

121 posts in this topic

Posted

You dont need to have played in the league to be a good coach. I think Kelly has enough desire, and ingenuity to take what we have and maximize the talent. He schemes well, and runs practice well. I think he'd be a great fit. So the fact that he runs the spread is not an argument.

What I do not like is the fact that he is not very media friendly, and I dont know how he would handle the responsibilities that a pro coach has to do as far as getting out there and being in the public for all the media time and events and such. I want him more than anything, but I live 60 miles from Eugene, and I've been a die hard duck fan, and season ticket holder for years.

Posted

HC experience > NFL experience

My biggest requirement for our next coach is that he was a successful Head Coach.

Posted

HC experience > NFL experience

My biggest requirement for our next coach is that he was a successful Head Coach.

Like Saban, Petrino, etc...

Posted

Sure, in order to avoid situations like Rivera, Singletary, Phillips, etc. There's cases to be made for coordinators or college HCs. We tried the coordinator route. This time I'd try someone that doesn't have to learn to manage a team and the game.

Posted

Still waiting..".Rayzor"...lol...

the more you type the more you out yourself...

You have absolutlely no idea what you are talking about and your posts prove it beyont the shadow of a doubt....

The same could be said for you, posting your own stats while ignoring others and FACTS is denial.

Posted

You dont need to have played in the league to be a good coach. I think Kelly has enough desire, and ingenuity to take what we have and maximize the talent. He schemes well, and runs practice well. I think he'd be a great fit. So the fact that he runs the spread is not an argument.

What I do not like is the fact that he is not very media friendly, and I dont know how he would handle the responsibilities that a pro coach has to do as far as getting out there and being in the public for all the media time and events and such. I want him more than anything, but I live 60 miles from Eugene, and I've been a die hard duck fan, and season ticket holder for years.

this would absolutely be the least of my concerns.

Posted

The same could be said for you, posting your own stats while ignoring others and FACTS is denial.

i've got that guy blocked. didn't know made any request. kind of funny, tbh.

i'm almost tempted to ask what it was he was saying, but i'm not really interested in anything he has to say about anything, including calling me out or whatever.

i still wish they could find someway to block quotes from people you have on ignore.

Posted

We will miss something special if we pass on Kelly this year. We have a team that is almost tailored for him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rayzor, I guess I should have meant that comment as far as a reason WHY he would NOT be hired here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rayzor, I guess I should have meant that comment as far as a reason WHY he would NOT be hired here.

gotcha.

i'm not sure how much of a concern that is, though. i hope it's not at all.

Posted

Me too... I really think he would be able to do the things we want Cam to be able to do, and make his skill set stand out.

Posted

We will miss something special if we pass on Kelly this year. We have a team that is almost tailored for him.

yep.

aside from a couple players this team is built with a lot of speed and has a QB that excelled playing at the pace he prefers.