• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#91 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

The same could be said for you, posting your own stats while ignoring others and FACTS is denial.

i've got that guy blocked. didn't know made any request. kind of funny, tbh.

i'm almost tempted to ask what it was he was saying, but i'm not really interested in anything he has to say about anything, including calling me out or whatever.

i still wish they could find someway to block quotes from people you have on ignore.

#92 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,218 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

We will miss something special if we pass on Kelly this year. We have a team that is almost tailored for him.

#93 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Rayzor, I guess I should have meant that comment as far as a reason WHY he would NOT be hired here.

#94 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Rayzor, I guess I should have meant that comment as far as a reason WHY he would NOT be hired here.

gotcha.

i'm not sure how much of a concern that is, though. i hope it's not at all.

#95 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Me too... I really think he would be able to do the things we want Cam to be able to do, and make his skill set stand out.

#96 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

We will miss something special if we pass on Kelly this year. We have a team that is almost tailored for him.

yep.

aside from a couple players this team is built with a lot of speed and has a QB that excelled playing at the pace he prefers.

#97 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Sure, in order to avoid situations like Rivera, Singletary, Phillips, etc. There's cases to be made for coordinators or college HCs. We tried the coordinator route. This time I'd try someone that doesn't have to learn to manage a team and the game.

I actually agree with you on this. Also to be honest, their really isn't any coordinators that I feel will be great head coaches. The only person I will really look at that is a coordinator is Greg Roman. The only thing about him is that he doesn't call the plays for 49ers Harbaugh does. I'm really taking a hard look at Chip Kelly and not only him but David Shaw and even Saban.

#98 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I really hope that the Panthers take a look at Chip, as well.

#99 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I really hope that the Panthers take a look at Chip, as well.

i'd be ok at them not hiring him just as long as he was seriously considered.

i want the best guy for the job but i've got this fear that they'll go the "safe" route and pick up some likeable DC (or overhyped son of buddy ryan) or nice guy old HC or worse....an old school fart like russ grimm.

#100 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Here is the bottom line guys. We all would love to see Kelly as the Panthers next HC. But a few things stand in our way. For one Ron Rivera has a chance of been here next year despite the bad record he could have by the season end. And the biggest issue is getting Chip Kelly himself here. There will be a half dozen teams besides us most likely going after Chip this offseason. I'm sure our team ain't going to look good to Kelly right now. Kelly is going to want to go to a team that has best talent and chances of winning right away. But first thing is hoping JR fires Ron after the season end. That is the first step. Then the biggest step of all is fighting with a half dozen other teams to get him a long process as well. Because Kelly is going to be number 1 guy on the top of their list come the offseason.

#101 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Here is the bottom line guys. We all would love to see Kelly as the Panthers next HC. But a few things stand in our way. For one Ron Rivera has a chance of been here next year despite the bad record he could have by the season end. And the biggest issue is getting Chip Kelly himself here. There will be a half dozen teams besides us most likely going after Chip this offseason. I'm sure our team ain't going to look good to Kelly right now. Kelly is going to want to go to a team that has best talent and chances of winning right away. But first thing is hoping JR fires Ron after the season end. That is the first step. Then the biggest step of all is fighting with a half dozen other teams to get him a long process as well. Because Kelly is going to be number 1 guy on the top of their list come the offseason.

some things that might help.

i'm sure that kelly knows what cam newton is capable of. after all, it was cam's auburn team that beat kelly's team in the natl championship a couple years back. i don't doubt that kelly scouted him a lot and i think he knows that cam would essentially be the prototype QB for what he likes to do and can certainly handle the pace of offense that kelly requires.

also...as bad as our record is, last year we had a top 10 offense and this year it's pretty obvious that we'll end up with at least a top 15 defense...pushing top 10.

there's a lot of talent on this team. what it doesn't have is someone knowing how to bring it all together.

we may finish around the bottom this year, but this team is better or at least more talented than most who will be looking for a HC.

#102 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Here is the bottom line guys. We all would love to see Kelly as the Panthers next HC.

That is not even close to being true.

#103 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

That is not even close to being true.

Not drinking the kool aid yet I see and I agree.

He may work out, there's no way of knowing without knowing the guy personally. But with all the attention he gets (and deservedly so in some aspects) there are many red flags with Chip.

#104 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

I agree, Bellicheat isn't exactly media friendly.

#105 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I agree, Bellicheat isn't exactly media friendly.

sean payton is pretty much considered an egotistical prick to the media. aside from him not having the balls to shut down the whole pay for pain bounty crap, there's no doubt that he's been a good and successful coach. there's a pretty good line of coaches who aren't media friendly and a big ol' line of coaches who suck, but do great with the media. one has absolutely no bearing on the other.

i think it might suck to be "out of the loop" with what's really going on, but i'd rather win. if the coach is considered a prick by people outside the team and our QB was pretty much hated by the media (which is the case) but we were consistent winners i would be loving it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.