Tampa vs Carolina - Round Two !

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Actually, Sombrero, Blount did do one of his hurdles in our first game. But if I were Schiano, I'd put the ball in his hands as little as possible. The guy's a turnover waiting to happen.

I didn't make that post but I agree with you mostly.

I think Blount is suffering from the fact that he went undrafted, blew up in his rookie year, figured he accomplished his dream of being an NFL starter, then being replaced by a guy who people are saying is something special.

His pride took a hit. While I like Blount and think a lot of Bucs fans are too hard on him, Martin is our guy right now and Blount shouldn't get the ball unless Martin needs a breather. I do hope and think that Blount will have a future in the NFL and as long as he puts forth the time and effort, he could start somewhere.

#42 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sorry Sombrero. You Buc fans all look alike to me.

Seriously though, regarding Blount...in one of our games last year, they showed him on the sidelines without a helmet several times, and the guy looked hungover to me. He probably wasn't, but he just doesn't seem to keep his head in the game sometimes. He has talent, but that alone won't take him far.

#43 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Sorry Sombrero. You Buc fans all look alike to me.

Seriously though, regarding Blount...in one of our games last year, they showed him on the sidelines without a helmet several times, and the guy looked hungover to me. He probably wasn't, but he just doesn't seem to keep his head in the game sometimes. He has talent, but that alone won't take him far.

Yeah there's some speculation on that. Schiano says Blount has been a professional with a good attitude but anyone who's kept up with the team can see, even at the beginning of the season before Martin got hot, Blount was in the dog house for some reason.

He has playmaking ability but like you said, without the right attitude and effort, his career is never going to take off. I like him as a guy that can spell Martin though and he's an RFA next season so there's a decent chance that we will retain him for another season.

#44 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I have to lol at these Bucs fans now. It's good they have a little something to be happy about but I wouldn't be grinning yet. This is a divisional game. Records don't matter in these games ask the Falcons.

#45 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

They are considered analysts. Didn't say they were right. Just like all analysts, they arent perfect.

I would call them bucs fans writing their opinions on a free journalism site.

Posting bleachereport should be a banable offense.

#46 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

I would call them bucs fans writing their opinions on a free journalism site.

Posting bleachereport should be a banable offense.

Haha so Bleacher report is ran by Bucs fans now? Ok.

#47 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Haha so Bleacher report is ran by Bucs fans now? Ok.

Did I say that? Didn't think so.
You do realize that ANYONE can sign up and write an article on BR?

#48 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Did I say that? Don't think so.
You do realize that ANYONE can sign up and write an article on BR?

You do realize that the guys in that video you called Bucs fans aren't just random fans right? They are all professional journalists. I like your conspiracy theories though.

#49 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

You do realize that the guys in that video you called Bucs fans aren't just random fans right? They are all professional journalists. I like your conspiracy theories though.

Professional journalists on a amateur journalism site...

BR has zero credibility.

As do you.

#50 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Most of the "journalists" on Bleacher Reports are guys just like you and me that talked and wrote about their team as a hobby.

They are not traditional journalists. Why that matters is it's not a full time thing for them, they don't have access to teams and the league offices, nor to players. So they are watching the games just like us and then forming their opinions.

That doesn't mean they're always ill-informed, but you cannot compare them to the true professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users