61 replies to this topic

#46 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

You'd be naive to think this purge is unique to the health care industry in anticipation of increased business operating costs on the near horizon.

#47 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Pretty sure Wake Forest just expanded a tower, why are they laying off workers when they have enough money to build that?

#48 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Ask a triage nurse how many people they get in for the common cold, minor abrasions, etc.

Are you saying our healthcare system is going bankrupt because of the common cold?

#49 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,484 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hey twy you forgot to mention the millions of younger healthier people that will have to be responsible and get insurance, which will expand the pool with better risk people, and lower overall costs which is a cornerstone of this plan and which the CBO STILL tells us will reduce government healthcare spending and lower the deficit which I understand is the worst thing ever and all Obamas fault because he can't pass anything to reduce the deficit

jesus....you are fuging dumb.

They do NOT have to get insurance. They can opt out....pay a very small yearly fee....then get insurance when they need it because they can't deny for pre-existing conditions.

The entire insurance industry is based on healthy people paying in much more than they take out of the system. This surplus is what funds the sick and elderly...whose costs far exceed the amount they pay in.

Take away the requirement for the healthy to have insurance and the entire systems implodes on itself.

You cannot have a system without the mandate and without denying for pre-existing conditions.

It is not that hard to understand.

#50 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,102 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

what i find hilarious/troubling is how there are "projected" savings. haha. o really? you can predict the overall savings without it ever being implemented? LOL

#51 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hey twy you forgot to mention the millions of younger healthier people that will have to be responsible and get insurance, which will expand the pool with better risk people, and lower overall costs which is a cornerstone of this plan and which the CBO STILL tells us will reduce government healthcare spending and lower the deficit which I understand is the worst thing ever and all Obamas fault because he can't pass anything to reduce the deficit

Pass something to reduce the deficit would be the Senate's fault.... they've had several plans before them that they've refused to look at.

Which do you want? Freedom or mandates? It's really that simple.

#52 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Are you saying our healthcare system is going bankrupt because of the common cold?

http://www.cdc.gov/n...y-june_2011.pdf

#53 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

oh, i know the statistics...so again... what's the solution?

#54 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

oh, i know the statistics...so again... what's the solution?

Personal responsibility. Community/local organizations to care for the poor and indigent. Put a face on who is getting what funds such that they'd think twice about abusing the people they have to face on a regular basis.

#55 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Pretty sure Wake Forest just expanded a tower, why are they laying off workers when they have enough money to build that?

The vast majority of the funds for the expansion were probably budgeted years ago, and much of it has likely already been spent. They have said that many of the positions that were cut were based on federal grants, while some of the cuts are to better position themselves for future changes in medical care.

In other words, they don't really know what the future is going to look like, so they are laying off staff to reduce expenses, and they might rehire, or hire new staff in the future once the picture becomes clearer.

#56 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

http://www.orlandose...0,7763193.story

#57 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I honestly think it's just the beginning... I don't know whether it's an overreaction, or the right reaction on the part of these hospitals... But I do think we're getting ready to see another heavy round of layoffs and price increases...

#58 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

27% cut in doctor pay come Jan 1st might have something to do with it.

#59 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Wow, 27% cut? Looks like those doctors are gonna need to take more kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies now

#60 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Wow, 27% cut? Looks like those doctors are gonna need to take more kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies now

No...those were regulated out a while back UNLESS the doctor is giving a speech/active participant in the function of the conference. I used to be able to go with my wife (FNP) to dinners/events for pharma presentations. They, government, cut that out. Once watched a video on toenail fungus while eating at Second Empire. Pretty cool. Doctors, especially the old ones, are going to leave practice. Fortunately for us, you're going to be seeing a LOT more PAs and NPs in the near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com