Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amini Silatolu

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol it's funny how I said I didn't know any info on him I was looking for the reasoning which could have been given without the sarcasm. I really wish I could run into a few of you clowns at a game.

yeah it seems like people like to up their post counts by responding to post with sarcasm a lot.

But as for Amini, I have to believe the coaching knew he would struggle, but being sandwiched between Gross and Kalil, that he would not struggle as much. Losing Wharton, had to be a bigger loss than the staff thought, especially with Kalil going down. Look at the Saints with Nicks leaving, even though they brought in Grubbs, that line didnt look the same for the 1st quarter of the season IMO.

Posted

yeah it seems like people like to up their post counts by responding to post with sarcasm a lot.

But as for Amini, I have to believe the coaching knew he would struggle, but being sandwiched between Gross and Kalil, that he would not struggle as much. Losing Wharton, had to be a bigger loss than the staff thought, especially with Kalil going down. Look at the Saints with Nicks leaving, even though they brought in Grubbs, that line didnt look the same for the 1st quarter of the season IMO.

In my opinion Wharton should have been kept

1 person likes this

Posted

In my opinion Wharton should have been kept

We had to get under the cap, so Marty did what he had to do, and Wharton didnt want to restructure.

Posted

Lol it's funny how I said I didn't know any info on him I was looking for the reasoning which could have been given without the sarcasm. I really wish I could run into a few of you clowns at a game.

Insert <oh we got a badass over here> pic.....LOL.

2 people like this

Posted

For the people who pay more attention to o-line play than I do:

Does Amini's struggles mainly come from being beat 1 on 1 by d-linemen or from missed assignments/not being able to pick up blitzes? Or a combination of both?

Posted

Does Amini's struggles mainly come from being beat 1 on 1 by d-linemen or from missed assignments/not being able to pick up blitzes? Or a combination of both?

IMO a combination of both.

Posted

Posted

The second. He very rarely gets beat when he takes proper positioning.

Posted

The second. He very rarely gets beat when he takes proper positioning.

i suppose Jeff Byers could say the same thing.

Posted

Jeff Byers is constantly getting pushed back into the pocket. There's a difference.

Posted

Lol Byers is beyond terrible.

Posted

I really hate the Amini/Bell comparisons. Bell of last year looks like goddamn Jake Long compared to Amini. Not saying he won't be good, but he is the first Olineman that Ive cussed every sunday since 100 year old Todd Stuessie