• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Gotta give guys time. How many guys have the huddle given up on and they turned out to be solid? Quite a few, just like the Goodsons of the world that everyone was anointing the future after a couple games.

Just a couple weeks ago, according to the huddle, hardy was a bust and CJ was just average. Kuechly was a botched pick after the first couple weeks and TD would never be able to play a full game. You catching my drift??? Give guys time...

Then why is he a fuging starter
When you are a starter, you get evaluated as a starter. Period. We don't get spotted points because we start young guys. Other teams won't go easier on us. We gain nothing by patting ourselves on the back after every loss saying it's okay our guys are just young. One of the huge failures of this franchise is that we consistently try to rely on players who are not remotely ready.

#47 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Then why is he a fuging starter
When you are a starter, you get evaluated as a starter. Period. We don't get spotted points because we start young guys. Other teams won't go easier on us. We gain nothing by patting ourselves on the back after every loss saying it's okay our guys are just young. One of the huge failures of this franchise is that we consistently try to rely on players who are not remotely ready.

Who should we start instead lol?

The dude has tons of potential and the only way he's gonna learn is getting thrown to the wolves.

#48 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh my gosh...another rookie who is not playing HOF football.... stop the presses

#49 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I had faith in us picking Silatolu from the start because of the Panthers' history of drafting solid offensive linemen. Byron Bell showed that in 2011 as he stepped right in and did a decent job for us.
With the solid running game we try to have annually, the offensive linemen have always been a focus.. Wharton was starting to get way too expensive for his performance level, so getting someone like Silatolu had been in the cards for some time. In the end, I think he will pay off handsomely.

#50 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

He got thrown into the wolves. Goes from playing T at D2 to G in the NFL. Needed more time to develop and he's performed pretty well considering circumstances. He's gonna be good.

#51 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,406 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

same arguments everyone made about McClain and Fua last year

#52 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't agree with that comparison. Fua and McClain lose physically and get pushed back. Rarely see that from Amini. He just gets lost with schemes he hasn't seen live before. He'll pick it up. I hope.

#53 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

A lot of guys wanted to cast Bell aside last year and even during this offseason.

Bell has got better and better, yeah he had a bad game vs the broncos, but people act like the Broncos dont have a feared pass rush..

Amini will get better in time, just like Cam and Luke.

Patience is a virtue.

don't forget Edwards!!!!

#54 rnh05002

rnh05002

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I remember that Kalil didn't get a lot of game time his rookie season. And when he did, he was marginal at best. However, after an offseason, he was leaps and bounds better in his sophomore year.

You have to give the young guys on the line time to develop. There is a huge differential in strength and speed between veterans and rookie mostly due to the different training regimen.

He's starting because he's the best of the other available LG's on the team. Says a lot about the depth of the line.

#55 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

its funny.. my original mock draft had luke and amini 1/2. amini is a raw player. he finished strong in college. he will be even better next season

#56 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

A rookie playing next to a crappy center, who's playing next to a crappy RG! Great things can only come from that...

#57 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

D2 school?

Position change?

What the fug are you talking about haha?

#58 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,097 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

I think he will be a probowler by his 4th season. :cool:

#59 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

D2 school?

Position change?

What the fug are you talking about haha?

12 year career, 12 Pro Bowls that is what I'm talking about.

To anyone who doesn't get. It is the dumbasses opinion who I just quoted opinion when Silatolu was drafted. I take it he saw a lot of Midwestern games in LA, so I thought it would be true.

#60 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,186 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Silatolu will figure it out but I'm suprised we haven't tried him at RG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com