• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 jarhead

jarhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I think he is about what I expected coming from a college that plays football on a 4A high school level.He would not have been my pick but its to be expected to take longer to develop.

#42 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Gotta give guys time. How many guys have the huddle given up on and they turned out to be solid? Quite a few, just like the Goodsons of the world that everyone was anointing the future after a couple games.

Just a couple weeks ago, according to the huddle, hardy was a bust and CJ was just average. Kuechly was a botched pick after the first couple weeks and TD would never be able to play a full game. You catching my drift??? Give guys time...

#43 panfan32

panfan32

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

In my opinion Wharton should have been kept

Not at $7-8Mil a season. If would have renegotiated his contract that’s one thing but not at what he was being paid.

#44 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationArlington, VA
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Also, don't forget he's playing a different position. Take that into consideration with the talent level gap, and any kid's head would be spinning.

I've seen him completely lost at times, and I've seen him completely man handle grown men at times. Experience will be his best friend right now. Once he's comfortable, and not thinking too much, he'll be a pro bowler - assuming that Cam improves as well.

One more offseason of training camp and OTAs, and we should have a better idea of what we have.

#45 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Wharton cost about 7m against the cap....Armanti cost about as much as a ham sandwich.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Armanti should be kept. But to use him as a cut vs Wharton for cap purposes is way off base.

I know, Im just pissed at this franchise approach to personnel! Piss-poor drafts and garbage-can FA acquisitions have pushed me over the edge...

#46 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Gotta give guys time. How many guys have the huddle given up on and they turned out to be solid? Quite a few, just like the Goodsons of the world that everyone was anointing the future after a couple games.

Just a couple weeks ago, according to the huddle, hardy was a bust and CJ was just average. Kuechly was a botched pick after the first couple weeks and TD would never be able to play a full game. You catching my drift??? Give guys time...

Then why is he a fuging starter
When you are a starter, you get evaluated as a starter. Period. We don't get spotted points because we start young guys. Other teams won't go easier on us. We gain nothing by patting ourselves on the back after every loss saying it's okay our guys are just young. One of the huge failures of this franchise is that we consistently try to rely on players who are not remotely ready.

#47 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Then why is he a fuging starter
When you are a starter, you get evaluated as a starter. Period. We don't get spotted points because we start young guys. Other teams won't go easier on us. We gain nothing by patting ourselves on the back after every loss saying it's okay our guys are just young. One of the huge failures of this franchise is that we consistently try to rely on players who are not remotely ready.

Who should we start instead lol?

The dude has tons of potential and the only way he's gonna learn is getting thrown to the wolves.

#48 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh my gosh...another rookie who is not playing HOF football.... stop the presses

#49 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• LocationRock Hill S.C.
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I had faith in us picking Silatolu from the start because of the Panthers' history of drafting solid offensive linemen. Byron Bell showed that in 2011 as he stepped right in and did a decent job for us.
With the solid running game we try to have annually, the offensive linemen have always been a focus.. Wharton was starting to get way too expensive for his performance level, so getting someone like Silatolu had been in the cards for some time. In the end, I think he will pay off handsomely.

#50 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

He got thrown into the wolves. Goes from playing T at D2 to G in the NFL. Needed more time to develop and he's performed pretty well considering circumstances. He's gonna be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users